test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Science team skill question

jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
OK i have been having a debate about the things this skill handles. And the big one is it works against energy siphon. Is this true? If so this is breaking news to me.

Comments

• freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    As far as I knew the only 'ability' that worked against Energy Siphon was the Engineering Captain one called 'Nadion Inversion' and that only weakens it not stops it the only other one that might work is an other Engineering Captain ability called 'EPS Power Transfer' you won't notice the drain so much with more power I guess.

The STO wiki doesn't show Science Team affecting it and the Energy Siphon listing doesn't say if anything directly counters it either.

As Energy Siphon is a power drain I wouldn't think it's be classed under the 'science debuff' that Science Team clears.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    Ok thank you for the reply.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    ST does clear it, I use it all the time against the Breen.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    alonar wrote: »
    ST does clear it, I use it all the time against the Breen.

Ok just wow because like Freightstopper said its not in the tool tip that it does.
  • countvampulacountvampula Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hazard Emitters also stops Energy Siphon. It even kills the particle animation.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I play with Esiphon a lot and Ive seen where both ST and HazE remove the effects..Not sure if thats a bug..but it is listed as a counter in the "Debuffs" link on E siphon.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I am really glad to see people are once again using/Referencing the Sto wiki again..Some dedicated players are working hard to keep it up to date.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.