test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shooter mode not working properly... sometimes acts like RGP mode.

jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
Shooter mode has a bug which causes it to act like RPG mode.

This happens when an interaction button shows up on the screen which causes the mouse cursor to appear while in shooter mode. That causes mouse movements to move the cursor instead of changing the direction of where my character is look at.

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, this is causing me all kinds of trouble.

They have really screwed up Shooter mode for no apparent reason.

I use a different set of keybinds on each and every time it does this, it resets all my keys including my spacebar bind that I use in Shooter Mode.

I have basically given up on anything ground, they have really screwed it up. I have no idea why they even messed with RPG/Shooter mode to begin with.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    That happens to me all the time in the new ground mission "Miner Instabilities". It's very annoying and can ruin the whole mission. Needs to be fixed quickly.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    alzerus02alzerus02 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Having same issue with Shooter Mode for last couple of weeks directly after a Thursday patch, very annoying. Originally happened on my AoY toon only, changing to any ground map completely disables my Primary, Secondary and Tertiary firing/abilities, but seems to have migrated to other toons on occasion.

Temporary solution is to have your "Save UI" from you main toon or preferred UI layout toon and then go into your problem toon and Open Options (Minimap) and under HUD Tab, "Load UI" or even go to tab and just select "Cancel" at bottom, this seems to bring weapons back online, but only temporarily. They can even go offline again when changing to another area in same mission etc, especially if there is some sort of cut-scene or movement of another area.

Trying to bring up your Map while in Shooter Mode also disables directional movement while in Shooter Mode, this issue is on all toons.

Hope they can get this fixed fast or at least acknowledge the issue.

HTH a bit, but really annoying.
    Post edited by alzerus02 on