test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hit Vice Admiral ... Fastest Way to Level Up to 60?

2»

Comments

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Admiralty (ship doffing basically) lets you send all your owned ships off on missions.
  • zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    Admiralty (ship doffing basically) lets you send all your owned ships off on missions.

If you own them when you get there. Once there you can dismiss the ships and still keep the cards and use the ships.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    saladinbob wrote: »
    saladinbob wrote: »
    mtcason wrote: »
    Doesn't Fleet Admiral allow you to field multiple ships at once?

What happened to that? I remember reading about that becoming an option before I took a break about a year ago and since coming back, haven't seen any option to send my spare ships on missions.

we got admiralty instead.

What's that supposed to mean?

instead of ship boffs, we got ship doffs aka admiralty.

I'm sure cryptic probably had good reason for it. if nothing the lag would have been crazy.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ...I've been doing admiralty missions which give tons of XP but the vessels take forever to get back out of maintenance...
    You've already answered your own question. Log in once a day, collect your admiralty and you're done. It will take a few weeks but you'll spend almost no time doing it. Now if you want, you can continue to play but it's pretty much a waste of time to try and grind for xp. But if you MUST...

Argala
    ISA
    Starbase 24
    Klingon Scout Force
    Repeat.....
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    My AoY is currently level 45 at the start of the Romulan Mystery story arc. Hopefully I have enough time to get to level 55 over the weekend. I have to admit though that I am not very fond of the later missions in the Cardassian Struggle story arc.

Don't know about getting all the way to 60, but I was level 29 early yesterday and got all the way to 52 today. I did a few missions but once I hit level 30 I started doing a lot of deep space encounters (and a few fleet stfs) and was going up at least a level every time. Hit 50 a couple hours ago and gaining levels slowed down a lot though. Given how many other people were in deep space encounters today, I suspect others discovered how easy it is to level up using them.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The brick wall is real, and I cannot imagine it without the server-side XP boost. What is the fastest way to level up to 60 from here? I've been doing admiralty missions which give tons of XP but the vessels take forever to get back out of maintenance. Regular episode missions are now giving about 22K XP each which is a drop in the bucket for what is needed. Duty officer missions are in the mere hundreds of XP each. Red alerts only give me about 9k XP apiece. Not sure if there is a means of power-leveling to 60 in a jiff but if there is I would love to hear it!

Red Alerts, especially Borg Red Alerts with their XP Boost area.

Admiralty opens up at Lv52.

Work up the story missions since they do reward good XPs.

And of course, do not forget DOFFing. If you're short on DOFFs, be sure to do your regular DOFF missions at the Academy. More importantly, you need to do the right DOFF missions. Look for the ones that are awarding high XPs/Skillpoints. Don't forget to travel and visit Dyson Sphere. As soon as you enter, there are DOFF missions you can do and some have rather high payouts.

Queued instances are horrible for XPs.

In short, it's a combination of things but it was designed to slow you down after 50. This was so when Delta Rising came out, it still is so now. Just keep at it.
    XzRTofz.gif