test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LOL... I just got trolled by my own Engineering Boff.

jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
Battle of Caleb IV, on board KDF ship.

zguMaVE.jpg

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

zguMaVE.jpg

and this is why none of my boff have that set to use. :p

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    See? This is why we cannot give BOffs nice things, lol. Had something similar happen to me over the weekend.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Yeah. Don't give them Power Cells or Shield Charges either. They eat that stuff up like candy regardless of whether or not there's any fighting going on.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    iconians wrote: »
    Yeah. Don't give them Power Cells or Shield Charges either. They eat that stuff up like candy regardless of whether or not there's any fighting going on.​​

yet they never seem to spam things you want them too. I think they don't like us.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    Yeah. Don't give them Power Cells or Shield Charges either. They eat that stuff up like candy regardless of whether or not there's any fighting going on.

yet they never seem to spam things you want them too. I think they don't like us.

I wonder if bridge officers complain about not being able to dismiss their captain like Tovan Khev.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I briefly put all JJ pistols on one of my toons boffs. They would fire the stun setting, wait a few seconds, fire a single shot on bolt setting, wait a few more seconds, then use stun setting again when it came off cool down. I wanted to airlock every single one of them.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    LOL! I bet that had you looking for the "Demote" button on the Boff skills tab, huh? I gotta remember to keep that skill off my Boffs now.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

edited July 2016
    Oddly, I never have this sort of problem or any problem out of my KDF BOffs or Tovan Khev. Once I got past the story missions, he shut his mouth and now simply does his job.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Your BOFF might be interested in an exciting opportunity in oral hygiene.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
    edited July 2016

I briefly put all JJ pistols on one of my toons boffs. They would fire the stun setting, wait a few seconds, fire a single shot on bolt setting, wait a few more seconds, then use stun setting again when it came off cool down. I wanted to airlock every single one of them.

try adding a melee weapon on them. give the 0718 boff a lirpa he only use the knock back attack and only does that very rarely. and I'm not sure he uses the Ophidian Cane at all.

oddly regular npcs seem to be able to use melee much better. then again I have a few tact boff who at least attack more.

Sadly, neither my BOffs nor myself are cut out for this line of work. The thought of wearing pink all the time makes ne nervous and putting my hands into someone else's mouth is...EEEEEEEWWWWW! lol
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Interesting. Are you suggesting SFD would actively recruit members who would troll players with ground abilities & devices? Because I'm pretty sure the official line we've heard from @nabreeki is that SFD doesn't troll the playerbase. I'm sure they'd be appalled to see rank and file members revealing the tr... I mean... suggesting otherwise.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah never teach boffs cover shield. they'll use it in utterly horrible locations.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    yeah never teach boffs cover shield. they'll use it in utterly horrible locations.

Actually, I didn't teach the Boff anything. It turns out to be the Boff's default ground ability. I gonna replace that ability with something else.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I had something similar or they end up getting stuck and there went that one to help. This is why I don't give them that skill or teach it to them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    This is why I give science boffs nanite health monitor for heals. At least when they spam it for no reason it has a chance to be useful later.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

Interesting. Are you suggesting SFD would actively recruit members who would troll players with ground abilities & devices? Because I'm pretty sure the official line we've heard from @nabreeki is that SFD doesn't troll the playerbase. I'm sure they'd be appalled to see rank and file members revealing the tr... I mean... suggesting otherwise.

Oral hygiene is important. I'm not sure where you get the rest of that from.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    *tries not to laught*
    *drops from the chair*
    *laughts alot*

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    You can manage your boff's powers on ground just as you do them in space. Deactivate them and put them on your own action bar. Ground isn't popular. Hence many players do not know everything you can do.

BTW, are the F keys repaired? F2 selects your first boff/party member, F3 second, etc. (F1 is yourself). These keys seem not to work since Delta Rising. If keys aren't working, gameplay is not fun.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »

zguMaVE.jpg

My own Engi BOFF once had this equipped, along with a party horn...

Bugger popped the Cover Shield in the middle of a door, and blew his horn at me. Yay.
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Looks like your officer has claimed dibs on that room. Did you tell her(?) that your intentions for that ship don't include it remaining intact?​​
  • sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

Oral hygiene is important. I'm not sure where you get the rest of that from.

maybe he got it from what you said over onthe other forums? just because people have to log in now doesnt mean they cant see it ;)
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    have you ever congratulated them to their birthday or said something kind to them? See?
    Go pro or go home
  • sdfhksdjhsdfhksdjh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Then, there is the fun of giving troubles to Klingon BOFFs, and laughing with glee to the constant tribble-critter as the BOFFS SPAM-PET THE TRIBBLES.