test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stingy on the Slots?

Maybe it's just my memory being fuzzy (this is only the fifth character I've created, and the first since the Delta Recruit event), but it feels like my TOS character (lvl 12 at present) is way, way short on inventory and BOff slots. Am I missing something, or am I only supposed to have fpir BOff slots and 60 inventory slots?

Best Answers

Answers

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I think if I remember right that the inventory slot upgrade is on a character by character basis, which if you have not done new characters could feel that way from a fully upgraded inventory character.
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Also, going gold (paying a month of subscription) unlocks slots (boff, inventory and ships) on all characters but the one created do not get it unless you subscribe again.
  • sabreracer#4622 sabreracer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I re-subbed for this month so I get the expanded slots and free re-train tokens for leveling up too.
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses. I've never subbed, and I don't recall ever buying inventory expansions (there WAS a time a year or so ago where I was so swimming in dil I might've splurged on a few C-Store luxuries, but I don't recall buying inventory expansions). I remember Cryptic automatically expanding our inventories awhile back, just doubling them as a sort of QoL thing, but I thought that was on a 'all characters ever, 'cause you didn't have enough space before' kind of basis. That also doesn't explain the BOff slots, which I know I've bought exactly once for one toon. I remembered (possibly incorrectly) getting a BOff slot whenever we got a BOff from levels, but that didn't happen the last two times I got a BOff on this toon.
    edited July 2016
    Season 11 launch featured a few days of c-store freebies. The item for one of those days was bonus inventory slots.

I didn't want that to be the answer (had my fingers crossed for 'it's a bug'), but that explains the inventory issue. Thanks.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Bank and inventory slots only increase as you level if you are LTS or have an active sub, rest of us are stuck at the default amount unless Cryptic do another slot giveaway or buy them from the C-store.

BOFF slots are the same, iirc it was 7 slots by the time you got to 50, I think it's 8 at 60, while subs, ex-subs and LTS get double that as they level.​​
    I don't mean to harp on this, and please forgive me if I'm just too impatient or out of line, but at level 16, I still have not be awarded a BOff slot, meaning I've only got four. I might not've even noticed, but I've been awarded three BOffs just for leveling, including two I'd love to commission (either one would do!) but can't because I lack the room. Is this normal, and I'm just misremembering how quickly I got slots before, or should I be logging a ticket? Or, for that matter, just re-rolling (since ticket take... awhile... to draw a response)?
    warpangel wrote: »

Thank you! I looked for this before even asking on the forum, and I obviously did a lousy job of finding it. Yup, this completely addresses the BOff slot question, and I am just being impatient/mis-remembering. 'preciate the effort.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah. As soon as I can get 20 to my paypal so I can buy some zen I'm getting some more BOFF slots and inventory space for my AoY. I'm making do with four right now, didn't want Skavrin, so replaced him with the Trill I picked up as a reward, then I dismissed a tac to replace with a sci that I needed for two sci stations on the Rhode Island.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    Yeah. As soon as I can get 20 to my paypal so I can buy some zen I'm getting some more BOFF slots and inventory space for my AoY. I'm making do with four right now, didn't want Skavrin, so replaced him with the Trill I picked up as a reward, then I dismissed a tac to replace with a sci that I needed for two sci stations on the Rhode Island.

That's very similar to my experience, except I kept Skavrin.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    We all keep the ones we want and dismiss those we don't want :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I know mine will be short. Due to I bought inventory slots with zen when it was cheaper. And some event rewards added to them as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.