test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Badges! You gave me new badges!

Just wanted to say waaaay back when I first heard of AoY one of the tiny little detail things I posted about and asked for was the badges/emblems for other ships, as that was the style of the time.

And you gave me just that! Thanks devs/designers/artists! I'm beyond happy right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Little details like this are always (under)appreciated.

I would still love the "We look for things that make us go!"-emote.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I still want the safety dance emote lol
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I want both of the above mentioned things too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Yep, even though they're in the 25th century now and aboard a Nova-class science cruiser (because I can't afford the AoY pack yet, so I can't get them a deal on a slightly-used Daedelus), LtCmdr Kevin Timeline and crew are rocking the old Pioneer badges on their modified Sierra-4 uniforms (in TOS division colors, natch).​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Oh cool, I never thought to look for an Easter Egg like this. Thanks for continuing to be the rational forum MVP Superchum!
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I have only the one complaint about the new badges - They're a bit too small to be easily visible. Still it is very cool to wander the halls of ESD or DS9 and see other players' chars with something which for now makes them stand out from the crowd.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    My jaw DROPPED when I saw all the new 23c badges on my aoy. Its one of those little things that wasnt really talked about but it was a very nice surprise to see like the intrepid, defiant, etc badges for each branch too
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I loved that as well. Which is why I chose one that kinda matches her style. And her Boffs uses it too.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    tubafiredragontubafiredragon Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I use the Nautilus badges on my new captain, Nemo.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I'm using the Pioneer Badges on my TOS Temp Agent, Lt. Commander Komack. However, when he finally reaches Admiral, Komack is going to rock the Starfleet Command badge, and be an in-game homage to my forum avatar!

My Science officer running a T6 Daedalus is using the Daedalus badge. His whole crew is now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    There IS a small problem, though. Some of the badges do not show in the list for some of the TOS uniforms, especially the female ones.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    I think it's the Gemini or Sagittarius badges I'm using. Looks like a Celtic cross/Viking hammer. Love it :)
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Alfonso%20Bedoya%20as%20Gold%20Hat-8x6.jpg?imgmax=800
    ..."BADGES....?? .... We DO NEED dem Stinkin' Badges!"

<chuckle>
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif