test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

26th Century Ships - Cloaking?

2»

Comments

• makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Didn't that last story blog state that the Pastek used a cloak?

The female voice on the comm unit sounded quite pleased. “Well done, Commander. We’re dropping cloak, energizing… now.”

“I’m sure the Klingons don’t think so,” David said cautiously. “Why don’t you drop your cloak and ask them?”

“Though you make an excellent suggestion – it is high time we introduced ourselves to the Klingons. Tactical – drop the cloak… now.”

If Pastek gets a cloak, 32ns century ships defiantly should get one.
    5rFUCPd.png

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    nightken wrote: »
    It'd be neat if, as a consolation (if the cloaks do get removed), these ships were given the ability to at least equip the cloaking device console.
    I dunno, I kinda dig them being able to cloak cuz lore would technically support it, y'know?

the lore supports the 31c ships but not the 26c. little to early in the timeline.

Actually, I'm pretty sure by the 26th century, the Klingons and the Romulans are already part of the Federation (this is the same time period that the Enterprise-J is from, and it has Cardassians, Klingons, Romulans, even Xindi, as crewmembers).

tng had a klingon serving in starfleet and bajorans too, neither were members yet. so some crew doesn't mean the empire been assimilated yet. in sto their still making ships up to the 29th.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Considering the main enemy seems to be the Na'kuhl who uses cloaking to stay hidden when infiltrating the timelines you'd think that the good guys trying to fight then would have similar tech, eve if just to hide from locals who shouldn't be allowed to see them for fear of polluting the timeline.
    I mean how does the Pastak manage in the past without getting spotted?
    Plus if the intel ships had cloaks to explore the DQ, surely fighting a bunch of master infiltrators is the perfect time to use cloaked ships?
    SulMatuul.png
    edited July 2016
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Considering the main enemy seems to be the Na'kuhl who uses cloaking to stay hidden when infiltrating the timelines you'd think that the good guys trying to fight then would have similar tech, eve if just to hide from locals who shouldn't be allowed to see them for fear of polluting the timeline.
    I mean how does the Pastak manage in the past without getting spotted?
    Plus if the intel ships had cloaks to explore the DQ, surely fighting a bunch of master infiltrators is the perfect time to use cloaked ships?

it would also be a good time to let your master infiltrators take the lead see any romulans leading the charge thats not you?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Didn't that last sorry blog state that the Pastek used a cloak?

*Pastak, and that was the Mirror Pastak to be precise.
    It'd be neat if, as a consolation (if the cloaks do get removed), these ships were given the ability to at least equip the cloaking device console.
    I dunno, I kinda dig them being able to cloak cuz lore would technically support it, y'know?

the lore supports the 31c ships but not the 26c. little to early in the timeline.

Actually, I'm pretty sure by the 26th century, the Klingons and the Romulans are already part of the Federation (this is the same time period that the Enterprise-J is from, and it has Cardassians, Klingons, Romulans, even Xindi, as crewmembers).

tng had a klingon serving in starfleet and bajorans too, neither were members yet. so some crew doesn't mean the empire been assimilated yet. in sto their still making ships up to the 29th.

I'm still pretty sure that it was heavily implied they were Federation member states, dude. Like, yeah, they can still be making their own unique ships well to then, but so were the Vulcans, too, so.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."

I'm still pretty sure that it was heavily implied they were Federation member states, dude. Like, yeah, they can still be making their own unique ships well to then, but so were the Vulcans, too, so.

true enough, then again it was stated by gene the federation wouldn't use cloak even without threaties saying that can't cause their explorers not warriors. then again that idea died quite some time ago.

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

true enough, then again it was stated by gene the federation wouldn't use cloak even without threaties saying that can't cause their explorers not warriors. then again that idea died quite some time ago.

It died with the Defiant in Deep Space Nine.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    gradii wrote: »

too be fair that was a romulan then klingon cloaking device and the first was supposed to have a romulan operator. so it at least carry the idea that this is not normal. sto is really the thing that killed it.

• sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User

Well, also, the idea that only an aggressive species would use cloaking technology is an inherently silly idea. Like, cloaking tech is a defensive tool. Yeah, you can use it for ambushes (like the Klingons tend to do), but mostly? It's for remaining unseen, and for disturbing your surroundings as little as possible.
    More species seem to use cloaking tech in Trek in this way than any other, as we see more cases of species like the Romulans, the Voth, the Hierarchy, and more, using cloaks to simply observe (or spy), or as a method to escape engagement.

The Federation would probably use cloaking tech to more directly observe interesting primitive cultures, I bet. Or to skirt around the edges of the territories of hostile species without disturbing them unnecessarily.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."

Well, also, the idea that only an aggressive species would use cloaking technology is an inherently silly idea. Like, cloaking tech is a defensive tool. Yeah, you can use it for ambushes (like the Klingons tend to do), but mostly? It's for remaining unseen, and for disturbing your surroundings as little as possible.
    More species seem to use cloaking tech in Trek in this way than any other, as we see more cases of species like the Romulans, the Voth, the Hierarchy, and more, using cloaks to simply observe (or spy), or as a method to escape engagement.

The Federation would probably use cloaking tech to more directly observe interesting primitive cultures, I bet. Or to skirt around the edges of the territories of hostile species without disturbing them unnecessarily.

that would make sense but starfleet tends to be very big on being seen exploring. plus if you were a aggressive species and you found a ship cloaked in or near your space you probably be very quick to go to war over this act of espionage. the fact that star fleet doesn't/wouldn't intend to spy isn't important. and I don't even want to be begin to think over the problems cused by disappearing men and magic totems that turn you invisible.

• thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I would imagine, they would not give cstore fed vessels, battle cloak. I can see, normal cloak, and because these are time ships. That would be needed, if your ship was spotted in the timeline. But otherwise, I don't think they would really want to give to many fed ships cloaking. Since thats mainly a romulan and klingon thing. Romulans get battle cloak, while klingons have to defeat foes in order to recloak. Well, I think in the future, the three factions merge into one. Becoming the United Federation alliance. Because the sphere builders would be a threat to everyone. I think the events in the future is whats going to cause this to happen. All three factions would have no choice but merge in order to share resources, because of the foes all three factions are fighting. I would imagine, a lot of death, and destruction caused by this. Even worse then the iconions who most likely stayed out of it all.

I would not be suprised if they patched and took away the cloaking in some of the vessels. But with the temperial ships I can see the cloaking.
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    alphahydri wrote: »
    I don't know if the 31st century ships have a unique bridge but, considering that all the new Kelvin ships have their own bridge along with the 23rd/26th century ones, I would assume the 31st century ships get one too!

I made same assumption and ended dissapointed - "temporal bridge" with "temporal interior" being basically afaik halfbaked wells bridge with no interior at all

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    According to the patch notes, this is a bug and will be corrected today.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    You must also realize that these are not only temporal ships but also partly intelligence vessels, due to the mission parameters.

All intel ships had cloak....
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    That's a shame. While not a true intelligence platform a a cloak would have suited a timeship attempting to avoid detection.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The cloak is getting removed with tomorrow's patch. it was an unintented feature.
  • devvickdevvick Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I only bought because people was telling that they have the cloak! Why take away the cloak from the temporal ships?
    They aren´t so great anyway! it would be ilogicall for a ship of this time not to have!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Good, those ships shouldn't have had cloaking devices anyway.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg