test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa surfing race suggestion fix ?

Wouldnt it be good when you enter the (risa surfing race) and you actually come first or second or third you are then automatically recognized instead of fumbling around for a flag that most of the time somebody else gets who didnt really deserve it. The finish line phone box also moves around as well to make it even harder or simply impossible to claim a your flag at times. why not do it like all races are conducted ??? cross the finish line and that it !! FAIR and square..

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Been asked, discussed, explained, and closed topic for years now. Forum search is your friend.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    One idea would be to race against a NPC, and have three NPCs and based on which one you beat that is your placing...

One thing nice would be Risa DOFF missiosn to get lolhulnut and tags and eggs on critical...

Sorta like the Holiday doff missions you can get on the homeworld and Q's wonderland...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    UGH READ MY SIG
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

It's not gonna happen and has been explained why many, many times.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    One thing nice would be Risa DOFF missiosn to get lolhulnut and tags and eggs on critical...

Sorta like the Holiday doff missions you can get on the homeworld and Q's wonderland...

like "send your crew on lohlunat shore leave"? :)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    trejgon wrote: »
    unotetsu wrote: »

like "send your crew on lohlunat shore leave"? :)
    Like "send your crew to jump through hoops for you."

Holiday fun, Flag Officer Style. B)
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    My personal opinion is that a solution might be to introduce race tiers. Have a superior board race, a starter board race, etc. Then people start on a relatively even playing field, newer players can be competitive and earn rewards too. Also, having the game tag the finish line would be a good solution to the first/second/third place issue.

However, I'm sure that would be a hell of a lot of fun to code, and I'm not sure they have the time, money, or motivation to do so. But those are my suggestions, if anyone is interested.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    ^That has been brought up and debated many times. The complaining wouldn't stop if they did that, it would only change to "I was across first! Why was I put fourth?"

I like the flags better. Yes, sometimes someone is quicker on the F key than I am, or when it syncs I'm not really first, but fourth/fifth/sixth/whatever. I stopped worrying about that a long time ago since everyone is guaranteed tags/nuts. So I have to run it three times instead of two or one, big deal. That wouldn't change if they changed the finish up.

And no, I don't usually get a place flag, even if I'm near the front. Sometimes I do, but mostly I get finish. It's all fun just to race and not fly onto a hill from too many boosts.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I will be completely honest, I used to mainly be a forum lurker, so I have seldom entered these debates about the seasonal content- I'm a bit out of touch with what has and hasn't been suggested :blush:

Personally, I'm content to just run the race for the sake of running the race. I've got a few of the monkeys and I'm most interested in enjoying the summer event. I think it's a perspective that many of us tend to forget in our quest to acquire all of the limited time goodies. It's one I'm sure I will be forgetting when AoY launches and I rush to finish everything :p
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I have most of my toons outfitted with one adult masked monkey in each color, and turn the rest in for marks after raising them to senior. Same with the birds. I'm collecting the adult tufteds and the rest go to marks. What the bird lady and monkey Ferengi do with them once I turn them in is their business.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    ^That has been brought up and debated many times. The complaining wouldn't stop if they did that, it would only change to "I was across first! Why was I put fourth?"
    Naturally. Only fixing the lag would stop that.

Or changing the race to be time-based.
  • Options
    It is time-based. Once the third place flag is grabbed the rest have 1 minute to get to the finish. And lag isn't always on the part of the servers. It can also originate with the player's computer. No fix for that unless the owner fixes it.

If you're speaking of everyone has a certain time to get across the finish, then that may be doable, but only if they all get the same number of tags. Say six, since that's what is needed for one monkey project.

But no, I don't see the race changing any time soon. It's been this way since the first SE and will likely always be this way. Same with the WE race.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    It is time-based. Once the third place flag is grabbed the rest have 1 minute to get to the finish. And lag isn't always on the part of the servers. It can also originate with the player's computer. No fix for that unless the owner fixes it.
    The world is full of online racing games that are not widely derided as a genre for suffering from a terminal lag problem, so whatever it is must in some way be related to the particulars of STO.
    If you're speaking of everyone has a certain time to get across the finish, then that may be doable, but only if they all get the same number of tags. Say six, since that's what is needed for one monkey project.

I mean, instead of having everyone run the track at the same time, which is subject to lag artifacts, players could run it on their own and whoever holds the fastest lap time when the event period is over wins.
  • Options
    Ah, I see. I don't think we'll ever have anything like that. It's probably going to remain as it is, with flags to grab.

As for the other. I don't play any other online games, so I'll take your word for it. My game was lagging horribly with the last CC event, until I adjusted my monitor resolution.

So, perhaps sometimes it is on the player end. That's all I'm saying. I know next to nothing about most computer-related things, so I rely on my more knowledgeable kids.
    Now a LTS and loving it.