test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow! Really!?

Can't even see the PvP protest thread anymore. Can't even see it as closed!

Is this the name of the game now Cryptic? I thought ignoring and kicking out a devoted paying community was bad but you've gone further.

Well done!

Comments

• risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy at the risk of sounding like I want to kick a dead horse, please put the PvP protest thread back up.
    I don't care if you decide to close it again. I was interested in other people's opinions and wanted to see their comments on an issue that has been ignored enough already.

Removing a thread like that is a very low blow and that kind of attitude to what's left of what was the most devoted community STO has ever and will ever have is shameful and embarrassing.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say public discussion of forum moderation is one of those things that you probably aren't supposed to do.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Really!? Then what about calling me a "14 year old min/maxer that lives in his mothers basement"?
    That's verbal abuse! Employees get seriously reprimanded, forced to apologise or fired for that kind of attitude.
    Especially towards devoted paying customers!
    edited June 2016
    I'm pretty sure @pwlaughingtrendy didn't call you that, but if she did:

1: You could send in a support ticket detailing that particular harassment that was targeting you. It is important to include the names of the PWE/Cryptic employees that you believe are harassing you.

2: It doesn't excuse additional forum rule violations. But I'm not a forum mod. You do you.

3: It makes her incredibly awesome.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say public discussion of forum moderation is one of those things that you probably aren't supposed to do.​​

yes.
    Really!? Then what about calling me a "14 year old min/maxer that lives in his mothers basement"?
    That's verbal abuse! Employees get seriously reprimanded, forced to apologise or fired for that kind of attitude.
    Especially towards devoted paying customers!

so leave it be op.

@pwlaughingtrendy

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited June 2016
    Also, I'm not sure what kind of insult "14 year min/maxer that lives in his mothers basement" is supposed to be. If you're 14, it's kind of a given that you're going to live with your mother/father/legal guardian. So, if you're living in the basement, so what? You're still too young to live on your own.

If somebody is going to sling some insults, at least do it right. Call them a 41 year old min/maxer that lives in their mothers basement, or call them a 14 year old. But don't try to combine both, because it makes the insultor look worse than the insultee.

If anything, that gives me the most doubt anybody at PWE/Cryptic was harassing you. I'd like to think they'd at least put some more thought into their insults -- if they were to do so.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    While it is strange that the thread disappeared entirely its more likely a bug than some dev/mod going look a pvp thread, kill it, mwuhahahahaha.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    While it is strange that the thread disappeared entirely its more likely a bug than some dev/mod going look a pvp thread, kill it, mwuhahahahaha.

It's also possible it was temporarily removed because there's a lot of moderating to do and it will be back once it's cleaned out.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »

It's also possible it was temporarily removed because there's a lot of moderating to do and it will be back once it's cleaned out.​​

that is by definition discussing what a moderator does, is it not?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    that is by definition discussing what a moderator does, is it not?

It just was an educated guess. Besides, "discussing moderation" and "discussing what a moderator does" are not the same thing.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    im out of here, you can debate that all you like.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Does ANYONE actually have the cajones to claim that thread wasn't a cesspool of name calling that needed to be wiped right off the server with digital fire? There was no moral high ground to be had there. Just a lake of bile and all sides up to their nostrils in it.

I'll comment on moderation: Well Done, Moderators.
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

yes.

And that seriously isn't a red flag for anyone? WOW.

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Yeah we don't do petitions, much less those filled with name-calling and flaming.
This discussion has been closed.