test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggested Event: Ancestor's Eve

Now that we've had the return of Ethan Phillips as Neelix I'd really like to propose something, the Ancestor's Eve Event.

Started by Neelix in the Voyager's Episode, 11:59, the Idea of Ancestor's Even was a day to reflect on the forebearers of your current life. In that situation it was Janeway's ancestor. In this STO sense i'd really like to introduce it as a way to acquire "exclusive" unobtainables. There are many items in-game now that exist that new players will never have access to, mostly ships and unique event items.

With the Ancestor's Eve Event Players would most likely play something akin to the First Contact Day mission a few years ago. A small, yearly-repeatable mission that only happens every April 22nd. At the end of this mission the reward list would include any and all special rewards not obtained on an account. Risian/breen ships or things like the Baby Nanov pet, or even Deluxe Edition items like the EMH console or Red matter Capacitor battery....

Now I know the first argument mae would be "How can you give away ships?" Easy. Ships applied to an Ancestor's Eve event would only include giveaway promotions[those not obtainable by other methods(C-store/Lobi/Fleet/Lockboxes)] over 2 years from the time of the Current Ancestor's Eve. This simple lockout would make sure players are still engaged in newer event content but would allow them to acquire older ships, and items(I can't stress this point enough, Items too!)

So I suppose the next question is "why are you including exclusive items from deluxe editions and launch promotions? Doesn't that make the people who have them feel less special?" Why? Because in many cases those items are completely no-longer obtainable and, admittedly, I just wanna get my hands on an EMH console.... I always have, even back when it was a crew console. So yea... you got me.... i'm just kinda greedy for it. Also... don't forget that one of these items was the "del-taco" type-8 shuttlecraft pet. Now... that second question. Yes... the answer is yes. and that's... kinda all i'm gonna say on that.
vQTD03D.png

I honestly think having an event like this would not only give new players access to ships they may never have gotten, it also gives older players a chance to see the special items they don't have and, if they want, grab them.​​
Member of the "Disenchanted"
We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.