test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Probation? (C-Store items bound if purchased)

chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
So I just purchased some zen. 3,000 to be exact. (I made the purchase through Steam.) I want to use it to buy some of those promotional R&D packs with the chance of a t6 bug ship. When I attempt to buy them though, I get a message that reads...

"WARNING: Due to recent purchase activity on your account, all items purchased from the Zen store will be permanently bound to your account and may not be transferred. This restriction also applies to items acquired from purchased packs and from the lockboxes opened using purchased keys. This is only a temporary restriction while we verify your payment details."

I don't purchase Zen often, but this wasn't my first time doing so. This is the first time I've heard of something like this. I went to the customer support page and saw...

"How long will it last?
The probation period only has a short duration. If you have plans to use the purchased Zen in the currency exchange or use it to acquire items from the C-Store/Zen Market for other players we recommend waiting until probation ends."

I really wish it wasn't so vague. Is it a few hours? A few days? I'm really hoping that the promo doesn't end before this probation period does. I bought this zen specifically for the promo R&D packs so that I can sell them on the exchange. I could really use the ec. :(
SP9Pu.gif

Best Answer

• bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    Answer ✓
    This happens with all Zen purchased through 3rd-party clients (Steam) and even if you only purchase it with a once-off charge card. There is no set probationary period and it is unique to each transaction.

There is a way around it though. I, personally, use Steam for most everything. But you can either

1) Install the Arc client by clicking this link and signing in with your STO account. You can then use the "Charge" option to purchase Zen through the client but continue playing through the Steam-launched game client.

2) Sign in to Arc Games using the same login details you use for STO (and these forums), head to the Charge section of the site and buy your Zen.

Any Zen bought through Arc's services directly is not (usually) subject to the probationary period.

or finally

3) Do what I do. Invest in the future and buy €10/$10/£10 of Zen once a month, once every 2 months....etc and you'll have a nice stockpile ready if an event like this should come along.

Hope this helps

bobsled624

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team

Answers

• chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    bobsled624 wrote: »
    This happens with all Zen purchased through 3rd-party clients (Steam) and even if you only purchase it with a once-off charge card. There is no set probationary period and it is unique to each transaction.

There is a way around it though. I, personally, use Steam for most everything. But you can either

1) Install the Arc client by clicking this link and signing in with your STO account. You can then use the "Charge" option to purchase Zen through the client but continue playing through the Steam-launched game client.

2) Sign in to Arc Games using the same login details you use for STO (and these forums), head to the Charge section of the site and buy your Zen.

Any Zen bought through Arc's services directly is not (usually) subject to the probationary period.

or finally

3) Do what I do. Invest in the future and buy €10/$10/£10 of Zen once a month, once every 2 months....etc and you'll have a nice stockpile ready if an event like this should come along.

Hope this helps

bobsled624

Well... shoot :/

It's been a while since I last bought zen. I think I remember doing it through Arc when there was a 15% charge bonus sale. I didn't have any problems back then. It's been a while since I last purchased through Steam, so I wasn't aware of this. I wish there was some sort of in-game warning before I went through with it.

Thank you for the response.
    SP9Pu.gif