test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS and vet rewards

I noted when I hit level 5 the popup for the vet rewards showed up on my new TOS toons, but I wasn't actually able to use most of them. For example, I could claim the android boff from the store, but it gave me a message about how I was from the wrong faction when I tried to unpack it. Obviously things like the captains' yacht, 1000 day ship, and ship skin weren't there, either. I also could pick the LTS badge on my andorian female toon, but not my human male one.

I'm not saying I expected these things to work so early in the test process, I just wanted to make sure it's on the radar for the new faction to be looked at sometime down the road.

Comments

• foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Certainly a lot can be done but I don't believe the android will work, nor anything that is just not going to fit in the Era.

• aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    foxwater wrote: »
    Certainly a lot can be done but I don't believe the android will work, nor anything that is just not going to fit in the Era.

Considering we do eventually get ported to the current time, they should at least work at that point.
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    aeonjean wrote: »
    foxwater wrote: »

Considering we do eventually get ported to the current time, they should at least work at that point.

absolutely.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    100 million EC says the TOS Veteran ship is T6 Connie... i can just see the raging now. LOL
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    That would be wasting your EC. The T6 Connie will be a separate purchase, if not even the flagship

This. I am betting the T6 connie is the equivalent of the Pathfinder; it comes out shortly after the expansion launches as a separate c-store purchase. They'd be fools not to do it that way, it'll be up there with the best selling ships, if not the best.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I just hope it shows up in some form.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    Do we know for sure that this expansion will provide a Veteran ship as part of the expansion like it did with the other expansion (Delta Rising)? If it does happen, I think it'll be something like the Ouroboros and Eternal Class.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    That would be wasting your EC. The T6 Connie will be a separate purchase, if not even the flagship

This. I am betting the T6 connie is the equivalent of the Pathfinder; it comes out shortly after the expansion launches as a separate c-store purchase. They'd be fools not to do it that way, it'll be up there with the best selling ships, if not the best.
    Of course it's like the Pathfinder, it even has the folding nacelles.... :) I actually think the T6 Connie will be the AR Trek Enterprise in the new lockbox and will be able to use the TOS skin.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Do we know for sure that this expansion will provide a Veteran ship as part of the expansion like it did with the other expansion (Delta Rising)? If it does happen, I think it'll be something like the Ouroboros and Eternal Class.

I think the playerbase would riot if they didn't get something as T5 and T6 Veteran Ship. maybe not the Connie (my money is on "Definitely not the Connie"), But there really needs to be something. The veteran ships are a reward for subbing for so long, without them, then if you are only interested in a TOS character, there is no reason to sub (or at least not as long as however long it was till the Veteran ship)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Of course it's like the Pathfinder, it even has the folding nacelles.... :) I actually think the T6 Connie will be the AR Trek Enterprise in the new lockbox and will be able to use the TOS skin.

If that ship IS a lockbox ship, I really really hope it's not the only way of getting a T6 Connie/ Excalibur
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I'm 99% sure they will put TOS Connie as an additional ship after the expansion goes live. And I will buy it - no doubt; just need to start saving my complimentary points :P.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I think the playerbase would riot if they didn't get something as T5 and T6 Veteran Ship.

What possible reason would the be to not give TOS captains the existing Federation Veteran ships? They're Federation characters with an alternate start point. You reach Tier 5... Boom, you're in the "present" doing present day mission arcs and getting a free present day Fed ship.

A TOS style version of the vet ships would be nice, but I wouldn't be bothered much if we didn't get it either, never fly the existing ones.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    "limited to the temporal ships"... Ok. How do you envision that working for people who DON'T buy the Temporal Special Agent pack? Because we've been told this content will be available to all of us.
    nikeix wrote: »
    "limited to the temporal ships"... Ok. How do you envision that working for people who DON'T buy the Temporal Special Agent pack? Because we've been told this content will be available to all of us.

The same way that Romulans work. If they are treating the TOS toons as a new faction, then they could need to get their own line of ships just like the Romulans did. You have your levelling ships, and can maybe use some Fed ships up to T4, but they get their own line of stuff from T5 up plus access to stuff like the lockbox, event and new cross faction c-store ships. We don't know for sure yet, but it would certainly be a possibility.
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    100 million EC says the TOS Veteran ship is T6 Connie... i can just see the raging now. LOL

That is mildly hilarious. I'm imagining the combination of extreme forum rage alongside a bunch of people buying a US$299 ship in the form of an LTS (instead of a US$30 ship like the other T6s :p) haha.

Though perhaps many of the existing playerbase already has an LTS, so they may actually revenue maximise with a C-Store ship...
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    I highly doubt the Tier 6 Constitution will be the veteran ship... It'll be of similar design to the Chimera/Manticore (for the Feds) and I wouldn't put it past the devs to make it faction agnostic like the Eternal and Ouroboros.

Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'd love to get some form of this also...

saladin_class_destroyer___pp2_by_greywolf_starkiller-d3aho4u.jpg

Federation_USS_Monoceros_Scout.gif

scout_hermes_nu.jpg

Don't care which reality/time period it comes from.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I guess it's ben retconned out of existence ages ago, but didn't warp nacelles used to have to come in pairs to work?

I remember there being a huge uproar over the 3-nacelle Galaxy-dreadnought-thing with the hand-waving being "Oh, there's two nacelles packed together in the central one.

I've still never heard an explanation for the advantages conferred by the primary hull being a disk. Something which later envisioning's moves away from quite sharply.
    edited May 2016
    samt1996 wrote: »

That is mildly hilarious. I'm imagining the combination of extreme forum rage alongside a bunch of people buying a US$299 ship in the form of an LTS (instead of a US$30 ship like the other T6s :p) haha.

Though perhaps many of the existing playerbase already has an LTS, so they may actually revenue maximise with a C-Store ship...

They would make FAR more money selling it as a standard C-Store ship than making it the vet ship. You are talking about selling the most recognizable ship in Trek (and arguably in all of Sci-Fi). You can either limit that to only people who have $300 worth of disposable income and literally giving it away for free to hundreds of players who already bought LTS' (many of them 6 years ago, so PWE got nothing for it at all) vs getting money from anyone who has $30, including all those who paid you for an LTS already, along with an extra $5 from a large portion of them who will get the fleet upgrade (and if they are smart, they will make the ship available at T1 or T2 to maximize those sales). It's a no brainer.
    But actually, the question for the LTS/Veteran species is quite interesting, too. What species are even possible?

Any species (preferably still liberated borg), as a fed from the future stranded in the past, using holo technology to appear human (or un-assimilated). Once you get back to your correct time, you get to use the non-human customization options. That's what I'd want anyway ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
    But actually, the question for the LTS/Veteran species is quite interesting, too. What species are even possible?

They have on previous occasions just added existing C-Store items to the vet rewards, so they could just add the existing Caitian race to the LTS (although they would be better served leaving it on the C-Store and putting it in the AoY packs). Other possible playable options would be Aenar, Denobulan, Xindi, and a few other Enterprise-era races that would be appropriate but in less demand than Caitians. I'd love to see things like Xindi Insectoid and Edosian, but the logistics would likely be too difficult to make them work.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I guess it's ben retconned out of existence ages ago, but didn't warp nacelles used to have to come in pairs to work?

I remember there being a huge uproar over the 3-nacelle Galaxy-dreadnought-thing with the hand-waving being "Oh, there's two nacelles packed together in the central one.

I've still never heard an explanation for the advantages conferred by the primary hull being a disk. Something which later envisioning's moves away from quite sharply.

From what I remember:

1. Three-Nacelle Galaxy-X was post-Gene, and put in because "on screen is canon" and since Gene couldn't deny it, three nacelle designs were made "canon-onical"...
    2. And on the "Disk" shaped hull, well, take a sphere (best volume for space allocated), and find a way to make it extremely in-expensive to build - done by lopping most of the top and bottom off... :tongue:
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    [...]
    [...] they could just add the existing Caitian race to the LTS [...] Other possible playable options would be Aenar, Denobulan, Xindi, [...] Xindi Insectoid and Edosian, [...]

The problem with most of those is... they don't have the TOS style. Aenar might theoretically be an option, as they are just differenty-colored Andorians, but everything else... just wouldn't work. But Aenar have that other problem - they would not be part of Starfleet, at least not at this point. Caitians are actually the only ones that come to my mind as an LTS species for TOS, unless we go for Movie species.

Limited Aliens for LTS TOSers might be an idea, though it's a rather uninspired one, I think.

TOS also had several quite human-looking aliens, plus various Terran colonies. Maybe something with human looks, but different trait selections?

Wouldn't the Aenar be Federation members along with the Andorians? They are from the same planet.
  • kdb81kdb81 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Why not Give us augments traders form khans crew or maybe the ones they had in enterprise. Have them be rare in star-fleet would make since given that they are illegal to make would be the perfect excuse for them to be LTS only and since the doc on DS9 was one there is in lore president for them.