test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon Visual Slot

2»

Comments

• cyphexthekingcyphextheking Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Just can repeat myself from an other thread here:

I also wish a "weapon-energy-color-slot" in the visuals.
    For example:
    My Fleet Avenger flys antiproton, so its dark red lighting, but i using borg stuff in visuals.
    Now, the nakuhl weapons have a nice dark-green color, and i would love to use a nakuhl weapon to put in a visual-slot that overwrites the red AP color.

On My Tholian Tarantula, i allready fly with disruptors, but it contains a coalition one, and the terran taskforce beam. all together looks bit like "rainbow". In the visuals i also added the borg-stuff, because i really like its effects and colors.
    Here the same; i would love to add a nakuhl beam to overwrite the weapon colors..

I remember in past, there was a chatcommand, "/powerhue" or so. But this was removed, sadly :(

I really wish, that there will be added a weapon-style slot too :)
    2ntadi4o8mmx.png
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    How difficult could it be? The command is ALREADY IN THE GAME, it's just disabled at the moment.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Yeah having one beam/cannon an one torpedo visual modifying slot, or a option you could choose on one of the already slotted weapons to have all other weapons of a similar type (beam/cannon and/or torpedoes) use that weapon's visual would be nice.
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm all in for this. It was one of my pet-peves when it comes to building a ship. But I 'handicap' with certain captain's myself - by just going uniform being unable to get the set bonus' from the missions that I like to have, like phaser set in the last season.
    giphy.gif
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    I'm against weapon visuals, but it's not because I don't want more freedom of customization--I do, but I'm against this because I think it is a lazy TRIBBLE way to do it, when it should be done through crafting.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    deleroux wrote: »
    I'm against weapon visuals, but it's not because I don't want more freedom of customization--I do, but I'm against this because I think it is a lazy **** way to do it, when it should be done through crafting.

Would be nice but the sad truth is: the "lazy **** way" is more realistic than adding new mechanics to weapons & the crafting system itself.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    star_trek_redshirt__6____the_walking_dead_by_gazomg-d7zmqwx.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png