test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So What Does Agents of Yesterday Do, Anyway?

So, I've just been wondering, what is all the hype over Agents of Yesterday anyway? I created a new fed character, all of that, and all I noticed was that the TOS Light Cruiser had been renamed. So, has it even been released yet? Are the shiny new temporal ships in the C-store? Are there new missions? Any information would be nice.

Comments

• zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    The Agents of Yesterday expansion is being released probably during the late summer months
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    So, I've just been wondering, what is all the hype over Agents of Yesterday anyway? I created a new fed character, all of that, and all I noticed was that the TOS Light Cruiser had been renamed. So, has it even been released yet? Are the shiny new temporal ships in the C-store? Are there new missions? Any information would be nice.

Reading is fundamental... go back and read ALL of both news posts
  • daeridanii#4438 daeridanii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Reading is fundamental... go back and read ALL of both news posts
    I did...twice. But still, perhaps I missed something. Thank you for responding, though.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    So far all we know is that its coming, and we're getting a couple bundles as well as two new voice actors. That's about it for now. More info should be released as we get closer to launch.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So far all we know is that its coming, and we're getting a couple bundles as well as two new voice actors. That's about it for now. More info should be released as we get closer to launch.

Actually a third... that dude from star trek continues has tweeted in he's happy to be part of STO now...

We also know there will be an arc for each of the 3 extant factions to participate in(likely similar to current FE are for all 3 factions imo but thats just speculation) and that there will be a new "faction" for TOS era Starfleet(only) characters to play and level up in. Its strongly hinted that those TOS characters will then end up with the rest of us in endgame but 0 details.
    Actually a third... that dude from star trek continues has tweeted in he's happy to be part of STO now...

Huh? Who? What?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited May 2016

Huh? Who? What?

https://twitter.com/vicmignogna/status/728375501262340097
    Don't know the guy.
    Don't know the guy.

its right there under his pic
    Vic is an anime & video game voice actor most well known as Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist. He's also exec producer/Capt Kirk in Star Trek Continues
    Never watched either of them so... still don't know the guy.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    vis8HNl.png​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    so i guess he is playing Kirk? are we going to get full voice acting for the original characters?
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    He will probably do a better Kirk than Shatner. LOL
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    OP...to answer your question about "What do agents of YESTERDAY do anyways?

Besides getting old:

aFWunNx.gif​​
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

No. It has not been released yet. This was just an announcement of future content. Only Agents of Tomorrow can play it right now. Agents of Now will have to wait.

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Don't know the guy.

Vic is an anime & video game voice actor most well known as Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist. He's also exec producer/Capt Kirk in Star Trek Continues

soo were getting a short alchemist in the TOS era? O.o
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    They keep the status quo. For example, if there was an incident where millions died and someone came from the future to prevent it from happening... you'd stop em cause that's you do. You assist in genocide if need be cause as far as your concerned... everything works out for ya in the end.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Don't know the guy.

soo were getting a short alchemist in the TOS era? O.o

Nah, we're getting a voice actor who plays Captain Kirk on Star Trek continues to voice a role. Perhaps the role of ... Captain Kirk.

:smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    [quote="davefenestrator;12923706"]

No. It has not been released yet. This was just an announcement of future content. Only Agents of Tomorrow can play it right now. Agents of Now will have to wait.

[/quote]
    Head... Meet Temporal Mechanichs...
    Temporal Mechanics... Head

... Ouch...
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Right before then stops being then.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

Huh? Who? What?

So Broly is going to be doing a VO in STO? Lets hope his lines are more complex than *KA-KAROT!"
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    He is pretty good, the Episodes they have done are also good. Chris Doohan (James Doohan's son) plays Scotty in those same shows. Five Episodes have been released with a sixth this month.

One Episode caught up with Apollo ('Who Mourns for Adonis') and another picked up 'Mirror, Mirror' right at the final beam out scene.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    [quote="jonsills;12923771"][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA"]When will then be now?[/url][/quote]

Soon.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Continues is actually very well done.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Huh? Who? What?
    So Broly is going to be doing a VO in STO? Lets hope his lines are more complex than *KA-KAROT!"
    he also did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Ljy4jSQQs

But yeah, Broly was a classic. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    While I'd love love love to see Vic Mignogna play the part of Kirk, wouldn't that be an awful lot like an Officially Licensed Start Trek Product endorsing an Officially Unlicenced Start Trek Fan Production?

I'd imagine it'd give CBS lawyers fits.

I hope I'm wrong. We do, after all, know he's doing something. He at least left his voice to the trailer.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    While I'd love love love to see Vic Mignogna play the part of Kirk, wouldn't that be an awful lot like an Officially Licensed Start Trek Product endorsing an Officially Unlicenced Start Trek Fan Production?

I'd imagine it'd give CBS lawyers fits.

I hope I'm wrong. We do, after all, know he's doing something. He at least left his voice to the trailer.

Dude, we have Chris Doohan who plays Scotty from Star Trek Continues actually stepping into his Father's role, so, an official nod to him playing Scotty.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I know it deals with time travel. Giving the title of the expansion. That your dealing with it from the TOS era. Giving from the trailer and what info we have at this time.

However we don't know how this will go along with the current STO timeline. This is my hold up on making a character from the RPing view point.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    we had this same thing with the delta event as the first news item was posted regarding the upcoming event several players immediately created new characters expecting them to be delta characters.
    unless you are happy to keep this character delete it and wait for the event to start to create your AoY character.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.