test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek: TOS in Star Trek Online

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User

First off this expansion is going to make Star Trek History. I mean never in my life I even thought that I could live out my childhood fantasy of flying shotgun with Kirk and the gang. As a kid even in the 90's the Original Star Trek was awesome and now I have a chance to play it. You can bet your plasma disruptor I got the Special Agent Pack. I also have to start reading those Vanguard series books again for ideas on how my crew is going to look. The Romulans are fine but a chance to get back into the Federation side fresh is beyond a dream and the best part.......its the ORIGINAL FEDERATION, not the "Oh the Prime Directive is God type thing" Kirk's Federation flushed that out the airlock and the best part, scaled bridges, NO Breen, No Borg (although a "Q' Who" type ep would be epic), No Deferi crying for help. Just us and the Klingons and the once in a blue moon Romulans. Just as it should be. Although please for the sake of our Star Trek souls, don't add Apollo and the other corny episodes. Now an Original Doomsday ep with Commodore Decker would be sick, the Organians Klingon war. Cmdr Koor (Baltar from Battlestar Galactica) would be awesome. That Romulan Cmdr and the chance to steal the Cloaking Technology and have a mission where you hunt down the Romulan Bird of Prey. "He's a sorcerer that one".

This is going to be sweet and since the circa is around 1960s to early 1970s I am going to have to get a proper playlist in my music player. A little Rolling Stones or Beatles would sound amazing (since the soundtrack leaves a lot to be desired, no offense)

So yeah I am beyond stoked, no more Nakuhl, no more Iconians......

NOW THIS IS STAR TREK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It takes place right after the final TOS season.

For music, I'll be playing the TOS soundtrack, especially the Amok Time fight music.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    jake477 wrote: »
    First off this expansion is going to make Star Trek History. I mean never in my life I even thought that I could live out my childhood fantasy of flying shotgun with Kirk and the gang.

Who said anything about flying shotgun with Kirk?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Well, even just knowing that he's somewhere still alive in the time period we'll be experiencing, is exciting to me.
    Even if They never actually include him in the game proper.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    If Shatner will be in STO this is the time
  • Options
    conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    He has to say in the xpac
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Gonna be busy bugging Chekhov to say " Neclear wessals ".
    Especially if we meet him in Alameda.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    brianduselbriandusel Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'm really excited about this expansion. Only thing I'd recommend to Cryptic is please design some other ship insignia for the uniforms. Only the Enterprise used the arrowhead. Even if they just had two other options, it would be nice that we could at least rp that we're on different ships. lol I know it's a small thing, but it's the small things that really matter to us all, right?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    briandusel wrote: »
    I'm really excited about this expansion. Only thing I'd recommend to Cryptic is please design some other ship insignia for the uniforms. Only the Enterprise used the arrowhead. Even if they just had two other options, it would be nice that we could at least rp that we're on different ships. lol I know it's a small thing, but it's the small things that really matter to us all, right?

I think they retconned that in the movies.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    starswordc wrote: »
    briandusel wrote: »

I think they retconned that in the movies.
    Yeah, by the time of The Motion(less) Picture, Starfleet had adopted the Enterprise's insignia fleetwide, but, that's not to say that happened the day before the movie was set, perhaps it happened earlier than that, certainly no reason to think it couldn't...

Something I hope this expansion will facilitate, is the inclusion of the voice talents of Michele Specht as Doctor Elise McKennah, Starfleet's first ship's counselor. I know plenty of folks have McKennah-Toons on their crew, she's commented on it a few times, so please, give her a mission... You've already used Kipleigh Brown as a voice actress, please bring Michele on board as well B)