test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrade Weekend question

snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
Hi. With the upgrade weekend coming very soon, I have a question about upgrade priorities.

I currently have the Iconian 4pc set, 3 embassy consoles, and 3 fleet tactical consoles all at Mk XII. The Iconian set is brand new so it's at Very Rare. The Fleet consoles are at UR and were bought shortly after the last upgrade weekend.

The goal is obviously to get all of these upgraded to Mk XIV epic. But what priority should I set? Like getting the warp core to Ultra Rare will get me AMP. Which my build is pretty much totally set to take advantage of with my power level distribution and my use of EPtX powers. I've read that the embassy consoles really add a good boost at Mk XIV epic. And I'm at level 15 in beams so already have a bunch of upgrade tokens for beams and beam consoles so those would be easiest to upgrade.

I'm just seeking advice on what I should prioritize this weekend. Warpcore for amp? Embassy consoles? Embassy consoles to Mk XIV AND to epic? Tactical consoles? (Oh yeah, I run beams so beam consoles).

Just trying to be a little more efficient this weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Consoles are going to be your easiest to upgrade. They're much cheaper overall then Warp Core or Weapons.

If you're trying to get the best damage boost, I would first upgrade your Embassy Plasma and Spire Locator Tactical Consoles. You should be able to get those to Mk XIV Epic with ease and those give very good return on the upgrade. If you have any Lobi Consoles like Bio-Neural Infusion Circuits, most of them also get a very good return on investment from upgrades.

I would go next to the Warp Core. Be advised though, it's going to be expensive. Even on an Upgrade Weekend, unless you get lucky.. it can still be quite costly. Still, if you're set up to take advantage of AMP then you should absolutely try to get it. You could save some resources here by picking up an UR Fleet Core that already has AMP and just taking it to mark XIV, that's dirt cheap. Sometimes you get lucky, I got a Warp Core to UR with only a few kits last time.. it's just dumb luck.

Last thing I would do is Weapons, but if your interest is getting them to Epic, then I would only do that if you started at Mark II. If you have VR or UR Weapons that are already Mark XII-XIV then it's actually MUCH cheaper to just make new Mark II beams and upgrade those. Getting a MX XIV weapon upgraded in Rarity is ungodly expensive.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I actually do have a fleet core with AMP at UR. I was messing around with the Iconian 4pc for the ability, but am totally open to going down to 3pc and getting my AMP back. I just hadn't even considered that yet. Thanks for the advice though, this is exactly what I was looking for in terms of what my approach should be.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No problem, I hope you get a fortunate roll on your Core. Last upgrade weekend, I got my Iconian Core to UR and only used 5-6 kits. It can happen, just takes a little luck. Getting the Iconian Core to UR would be optimal to keep that sweet 4pc bonus. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Warp core's so expensive, potentially, it probably makes sense to hit this weekend - AMP is great, and the 4-pc Iconian ability is one of the best.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    "Fortunately", [AMP]'s usually the Ultra Rare mod, which, even at Mk XIV, is a 5% chance "per bar" to upgrade. I think it took me like 6 bars (30% chance) to upgrade my Solanae core enough to get me AMP - which helped my mediocre science ship damage a touch - especially with a leech getting me the 3x level within seconds of opening fire, and an energy syphon knocks it up to full damage for the syphon's duration...

Taking the cores up to Epic (2.5% per bar) for the extra power shifter mod (which I might do, because that'll push my shields over 75 at all times and therefore engage [AMP]x3 from the get-go) is where the money disappears, real quick...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Tac and Emba consoles first, those are quite reasonable to get to UR or Epic
    other gears (warpcore) are huge dilithium sinks.
    Use freebies/superior get core to XIV (with boasters)
    and then experimental or betta to get the quality chance bar to around 40% (withboasters)
    for this event personaly I would just get the core to XIV, if it wont become UR...
    I just leave it for next time or never upgrade it.
    Weapons get most dps improved from higher Mk.
    Console less but still awsome,
    as for the Core ...
    [AMP] is great but ROI could be 10000000000000000000000 years, if you use "commercial" upgrade kits
    So you should farm more romulan upgradekits or freebie (from rewards) :D
    Maybe it will take a couple months or 1 year... then again you may already changed the gear hehehe

*commercial upgradekits are omega ones, those should be reserved for upgrading MkII or Mk IV Lockboxweapons with "kickass" procs (with boasters) , then you can sell those for big money on exchange...and then you will so rich and you can just buy a lot of boasters for the next event. Dont waste them :(

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Didn't they fix AMP so that it no longer boosted itself? Thus making it equal to an extra tac console?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg