test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 214: "It's so Obvious!" + New Giveaway!

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Starfleet Media Corps
Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 214: "It's so Obvious!" has warped on to Holosuite Media, you can download and stream it from:
Tribbles214-1024x576.png

This week on the Tribbles in Ecstasy Podcast the crew discuss the gaming events and news from Star Trek Online and Star Trek Timelines. Afterwards the team also talk about all the other latest Star Trek and Unoffical Star Trek Production news and more.

The topics discussed this week are:
  • Star Trek Online,
    • Competitions, Events and Sales,
    • Featured Episode Review,
    • Roleplay Blog,
    • STO Admiral Aaron's Foundry Contest Annoucement Live,
    • plus the new skill system with Timeber Wolf
  • Star Trek Timelines,
  • Antaeus Theatre Company,
  • Star Trek Continues,
  • Star Trek Horizon,
  • Star Trek Axanar,
  • Conventions,
  • Podcast Awards,
  • and more!

Our community questions this week are:
1. What are your thoughts of the STO Featured Episode Temporal Front?
2. Where did you rank in the Star Trek Timelines event "The Trouble with Klingons"?
3. What do you think about Tommy Kraft stopping the production of Federation Rising?

GiveawayLegacyOfRomulusStarterPack.png
Please reply to this post with any feedback you have about any topic we've covered or even about the show in general, we'd love to hear what our listeners have to say.
Feedback to us now and be entered in to a prize draw to get yourself a Star Trek Online Legacy of Romulus Starter Pack, Zen and Lockbox keys. Rules are here: http://holosuitemedia.com/tiefeedbackgiveaways2016/ - Just reply to this post to enter.

PodcastAwardsNominateUs.png
Please nominate us for the People's Podcast Awards: http://www.podcastawards.com/index.php?option=nominate

Please help friend of the show and fellow Star Trek Online player and podcaster Mav with donations to support his recovery with his current health situation here: http://www.gofundme.com/tomsrecovery.

LLAP
Post edited by midniteshadow7 on

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    1. too much space battle

3. don't know if they did . but i would have give axanar a heads-up ,sort a deal out. before all this circus happened. hope axanar will win this and federation rising can be made.

Had Homers Odyssey ,iliad been copy-written or its rights bought and hidden away what would have became of our world ?
  • colobvious#3624 colobvious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    1. What are your thoughts of the STO Featured Episode Temporal Front?
    Well, we're not real far into the storyline, but opening time travel can have devestating consequences for a storyline. The way time travel was done in the Iconian War was very well written, and worked with the storyline very well...

I think Temporal Front is a good story so far, but I'm hoping the writers have a plan. Time travel is something you've really got to be able to reign in at the end, or it can wreak havoc down the line when trying to continue with additional story arcs.

As far as the current storyline goes, Temporal Front has some things in it that don't make a lot of sense at first blush. But, this is an arc where time travel plays a pivotal role. This means that many things may not make sense until later episodes. I'm enjoying it, but then, I'm pretty easy to please. :wink:

2. Where did you rank in the Star Trek Timelines event "The Trouble with Klingons"?
    I don't play Timelines that I'm aware of, so probably not very high I'm guessing.

3. What do you think about Tommy Kraft stopping the production of Federation Rising?
    I'm guessing he didn't have much choice. If CBS says don't make it, there really isn't a whole lot you can do about it. I think CBS is shooting themselves in the foot by stifling fan creativity though. If I recall correctly, the folks behind Star Wars even go so far as to PROMOTE fan films and offer awards for them and stuff.

Nothing will turn a fan off quicker than to create something out of love for a franchise, only to be told that sort of thing is not permitted. Y'know, cause copyright. It's possible CBS has gotten so large, that they've forgotten that fans are where their money comes from. I'm willing to bet, that if CBS was to try what Lucasfilm (and now Disney I believe) have done with fanfilms, fanfic, and etc... for Star Wars, with the Star Trek franchise, they could make a lot of money off of it without actually doing a whole lot of work.

Imagine, CBS sponsors a Star Trek Con once a year. Just like a regular convention, only this one has annual "Insert Award Name" here awards for fan fiction, fan films, and other fan creations. A judge panel made up of professional actors, directors, stage crew even that have worked on official CBS Star Trek productions. I can't even dream of how large that venue would have to be! I'd go!

Now imagine they took it a step further... and started offering to buy choice projects? New movies, storylines, characters, and *gasp*, dare I say, spin-off series available?

In any business, the goal is to EXPAND good things and make them bigger and better. For fan-driven industries like this one, the way to do that is to include and encourage fans, not alienate them in a courtroom.

OK, I guess I got a little off topic there, because the question was about Tommy Kraft, not CBS. Again, if Tommy Kraft gets a call from CBS saying do not move forward with the project, or you'll end up like Axanar, Mr. Kraft has little choice but to comply. However, EVERY single time anyone who has donated, contributed to, or worked on the Horizon project sees anything Star Trek, what they will remember is that CBS killed their dreams. Which is completely the opposite of what Star Trek is/was about in the first place.
    Colonel Obvious
    - Fleet Admiral
    - Executive Officer, 12th Fleet
    - Old Guy
    sup.jpg
  • alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hello tribbles and before we get to the point, I'd like to remind you that today (26 april) marks the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster.
    Since you commemorated the Challenger disaster's 30th anniversary a couple of shows ago, maybe some of you would like to voice your thoughts on Chernobyl (and the situation today)?

Community questions:

1.) Like I mentioned in last week's feedback, there is so much wrong with the story and apparently nobody else is bothered by the complete lack of logic, common sense, reasonable/sensible behaviour, brain function in just about every person that shows up.

2.) I do not play Timelines...

3.) Well, if CBS (or Paramount or whoever's franchise you're using for your "fanfic") tell you to stop doing what you're doing, you thank them for their time and you're grateful that they didn't send their lawyers after you.
    So I understand why Tommy Kraft cancelled the Horizon sequel and if his original project gets enough founding, I hope you tribbles keep tabs on it. ;)

Now to the legal troubles that he mentioned... I said everything that needs to be said about "The emperor's new clothes". I just don't get how people still fall for it.
    Wait... that reminds me of the Temporal Cold War. I may not see dead people, but I see a lot of "emperors" and very few other people seem to notice them... O_o

STOrytime: Don't worry, there will be more of these, but I think I'll have to pass this week.
    A few topics I still have in mind (feel free to tell me if there's a particular topic that's of interest to you):
    - Why voice acting matters. (Yes, there's still more to be said. -.-)
    - Why Noye and the Na'kuhl (and even the Iconians) are terrible villains.
    - Why Cryptic should stop throwing a bajillion NPCs at us and instead try to flesh out some of the existing ones.