test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where can I find a comprehensive guide to skills post 11.5

rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
I keep having questions and doing searches in vain to find answers to multiplying questions since 11.5 hit. Is there something out there, and can we get it pinned to the top of the page in this section?

Science powers are especially confusing.

Thanks!
giphy.gif
Member since December 2009

Comments

• Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/4e7hsc/welcome_to_season_115/ covers some of what the mechanic changes are - very, very simplified - particle generators is now exotic - the resistance skills for control were merged with the control (mainly graviton generators) into the new control skill. Drain resist and flow capacitors were also merged into the new drain.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    Thanks!

So why do you think Cryptic is keeping things that we ought to know about the game so... cryptic?

I suspect this is a ploy to sell lots of respecs. Otherwise, we would have something that's pinned, easily searchable, and on site in these forums. We shouldn't have to go to a third party site in order to find out how to play.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I didn't find this on the Reddit link:

Are Tetryon and Polaron weapons affected by Drain Expertise as they were Flow Capacitors?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    peqleghpeqlegh Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Yep. :-)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    When I was doing a bit of research I was hoping weapons that causes drain (like polaron and tetryon) would benefit from Drain Infection, but it seems that only works when activating a science ability that causes drain. :(

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    When I was doing a bit of research I was hoping weapons that causes drain (like polaron and tetryon) would benefit from Drain Infection, but it seems that only works when activating a science ability that causes drain. :(

Yup..Thats about it..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I have a stupid question...
    HOW do I NOT get stuck with "Threatening Stance" on my bird of prey builds? I had NO USE for "threat control" or any other thing that draws MORE fire...

Threatening Stance defaults to off, where it will not increase your threat generation. If you activate it, then it will increase your threat generation.

The Threat Control unlock amplifies these effects. If you have purchased the Threat Control unlock, Threatening Stance will default to decreasing your threat generation, or increase it more if you turn it on.

Unless you activate the ability, you will not draw increased fire.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

that's good, then. as a Bird of Prey user, 'threat control' has zero utility for me, as do abilities/powers/skills that increase threat generation-I've long had quite enough of a problem with that just with using what I use. (can't tell you how many times I've become the "belle of the ball" in Cure Space by decloaking in a humble Hegh'ta!! I've actually pulled threat off of Avengers... and not incompetently flown rainbow builds either.)

Yeah, I seem to draw a lot of aggro in Gateway to Gre'Thor Advanced durng the final confrontation with the dreadnought when flying my T6 Kor. I get attacked by enemies 360° a lot.

I guess the Iconians do not appreciate the fact that I am trying to help them build a sense of comradery by dropping GW on them to bring them closer together...