test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Video: How To Win At CCA

e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
With the CE event coming, I'd thought I'd make a little video on the minimal requirements on getting good stuff from CCA.
It's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but you get the picture. :wink:

https://youtu.be/zOnVNF33QSk

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Did the time table for CE pop up in the calendar?
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Did the time table for CE pop up in the calendar?

Next month. :Can't remember the exact date since I am off game right now. smile:
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    This video taught me how to hurt the team effort by purposefully nerf myself to the ground. The healing part is very much true, but the absolute lack of equipment... just imagine everybody flying in like that. Your team will not even be able to defeat the entity. They won't even get through the Tholian barrage to begin with.

This video is only teaching laziness. And although everybody should have the freedom to create the build they want, at least put in some effort if you are going to fly with other random people. THat is just general courtesy.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    This video taught me how to hurt the team effort by purposefully nerf myself to the ground. The healing part is very much true, but the absolute lack of equipment... just imagine everybody flying in like that. Your team will not even be able to defeat the entity. They won't even get through the Tholian barrage to begin with.

This video is only teaching laziness. And although everybody should have the freedom to create the build they want, at least put in some effort if you are going to fly with other random people. THat is just general courtesy.

Hm, I just saw the video as a reminder that only dishing out DPS is not what a placing in CCA is entirely about.

I liked it OP so thanks for sharing. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    DPS + healing secures ur 1st place

also hitting more targets seems to get points
    I also feel that healing others gives more "points" than self heal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    Don't use a torp that kills shields, the CE doesn't have any shields.
    edited April 2016
    Hm, I just saw the video as a reminder that only dishing out DPS is not what a placing in CCA is entirely about.

I liked it OP so thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks. Glad you liked it! :smile:

And yes it was the whole point of it. That's why I named it "How To Win at CCA" rather than "How to Beat The CE".

It's also a satire of sorts too to prod some fun at the weirdness of the reward system of CCA. It's there to give those who cannot invest heavily on gear hope that they can still be competitive at the queue while also a wake-up poke at those doing really badly on it.

It's all in good fun... I hope. XD
    Post edited by e30ernest on
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    I guess I missed the satirical purpose of the video.

And that usually means the satire is quite strong and good from my experience.

In that case, well done OP, well done.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    There are a few tricks you can use. If you own the Geneva Command Cruiser, you'll get 1st place in CCA every single time.

You can slot the Improved Tachyon Beam trait, sit back and just shoot tachyon beams. It damages the Entity and heals everyone in the area all at the same time. The only time you might not get 1st place is if someone else is able to fire off more Tachyon Beams then you can.

I have to admit though.. slotting one single torpedo easily tops that. :)
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I laughed throughout the whole video. Unfortunately, not everyone watching this video have a sense of humour, it seems.
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    First off, why is this needed? It's basically impossible to fail CC or CCA unless you have the worst ship on the market. Second, WHY?
    People do fail at CCA unfortunately. The last complaint thread wasn't that long ago. I also run a lot of CCAs daily and see a lot of good and bad things happening in there.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yawn CE is simple... Ignore the ships put a cluster torp, a regular torp up front with one or two beams for the splinters a cluster torp, standard torp and a KDF bio torp aft with a Borg cutting beam as that is a kinetic weapon. As much power to shields as you can keep freaking moving and watch for the enity doing the energy absorbtion and get the hell out of dodge before it pops that aoe. Simple not hard at all it is the easiest event to do! Hell the game even tells you how to set your ship up for maximum effect! With the setup I just posted I take frst EVERY SINGLE TIME!
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Odd all I do is park at 8km and spam.my healing and Part Gen skills and my TS 2/3 with 3 torps uo front and my Chroniton DBB. 1st place every time!
    Edit: also I take those waves to the face every time for funsies. Haven't died yet!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

It's preferable to stay close because:

1. If someone uses CF (you or someone else), it's easier to get the proc up close.
    2. It minimizes torp travel time ensuring you land as many hits as possible.
    3. Proximity helps you get aggro, which means you can heal more.
    4. If you are like me who likes to use deflector procs, staying close means I can hit more Tholians with Charged Particle Burst.
    5. Staying close would mean your Bioshield gen can heal pets.

At the heart of every sub 1 minute CCA is a torp boat rubbing its nose at the Entity. :wink: