test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

User Interface Space & Inventory Item Targeting Degradation

alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
edited April 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Two systems that were affected, one following the recent patch in week of April 11 2016 and another undetermined since it took some time to really notice.

1. Space combat targeting using mouse click and point: Selecting Non-Player Character and Player Characters no longer functions as well in rich environments such as Crystalline Entity or Counterpoint where space critters overlap one another. It used to impress me how well the code could interpret a precise mouse click in a field of targets and set the intended one. Now it simply fails to register if there's a larger target in the background, or isolate one intended target from another one in close and overlapping proximity.
Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,965,221

2. User interface of player's inventory tab on the ground often fails to register mouse click & drag of items into the exchange. Used to be able to do this with 100% reliability, whereas now it fails a good 20-30% of the time. On R&D tab, click and drag of stacked or single items into the exchange 'sell' window fails to drag the item as it if was not selected. My mouse click functions perfectly. It is not latency lag either that I can tell as I have tried hovering a little longer over the items, pressing for longer, and dragging, only to have it fail to register. Also noticed this happens more frequently for items sitting on the very edge of the inventory as opposed to more in the center or at least with one empty block away from the inventory box margins.
Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,965,220.

Would appreciate if some Dev takes notice of this. These two features used to work flawlessly, and it would be very much appreciated if that could be restored again since these actions take place frequently during game play, and having them fail to work so often really breaks gameplay and UI interaction. Tab key is also a severely poor substitute for how well mouse point-click targeting worked often cycling through endless unwanted targets.
Y945Yzx.jpg
Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
· ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
«» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿