test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [April 7th, 2016]

1235»

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    xebov wrote: »
    Why am i unreasonable? A friend of mine works in IT. When they need to do upgrades to servers of there customers (wich are all companys of different sizes) they have to work over night, during off hours and on holidays on a regular basis, because there customers need stuff done but without interrupting there work environment to much. This game is not different, its a service, but the company doesnt care about availability, however if tehre customers would be companys and not private persons they would use whole different strategies, trust me.

You made a point, and then countered yourself in the same post. You're right, this is a game, not a corporate service being provided to another corporate end-user. It's an entertainment medium, and in the ToS they allow for service disruptions on a semi-regular basis in order to maintain and update the service.

No matter what time they started, someone is inconvenienced. But it's also a game - an entertainment service. It's not unreasonable to take the game down for maintenance and expect that players are able to, somehow, live on.
  • wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Holodeck is now unlocked!

So, same TRIBBLE next week again?
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    brwjames85 wrote: »
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 7 from 5AM-2:00 PM Pacific (12:00-21:00 UTC). Please check the forums."
    Oh my gosh! The maintance is changed from 8:30pm to 10:00pm EU time :#

kazumi, judging by the 2nd part of your name, you're either dutch or flemish? :p it's zomertijd now :p that's UTC+2, so it's still 11pm

Ik ben uit Nederland :) Echt waar betekend dat tot en met 11:00pm?

* Betekent

Sorry :p

plz, don't tell me another dutchman/woman? oh god it's an invasion O.o
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 7 from 5AM-2:00 PM Pacific (12:00-21:00 UTC). Please check the forums."

kazumi, judging by the 2nd part of your name, you're either dutch or flemish? :p it's zomertijd now :p that's UTC+2, so it's still 11pm

* Betekent

Indeed it is. And if you want to help:

cf3569158cdf91e4c8fd8758e1570d43600333d6d62b9dd3f70d73bedffef4a3.jpg

Sorry, it's quite late here and I couldn't be bothered to find a more appropriate meme right now :p

I'm not a manatee, in case you were wondering.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User

* Betekent

Something wrong with that?
  • seb00seb00 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    [Modded]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • rupdistorrupdistor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    [Modded... ]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    [Modded... ]
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Dear lord, don't look at my count...

b4ce1f6d72255a2067a623d491df0707.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    @daveyny
    Well, on your next post, it will be a fortuitous one; 6036... as in 6 squared + 0 = 36... 0.o?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    [quote]Resolved an issue where some Unique items, primarily Duty Officers, would be deleted when map transferring while the item was in the Overflow bag.[/quote]

My Neal Falconer doff still does not work... Nothing in my inventory...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Resolved an issue where some Unique items, primarily Duty Officers, would be deleted when map transferring while the item was in the Overflow bag.

My Neal Falconer doff still does not work... Nothing in my inventory...

CM

There is an ongoing thread about this in the Gameplay Bug Reports section here.

As I clarified there,
    Today's patch prevented the issue from occurring in the future to characters that had not already had that issue. The build that is currently on Tribble has the fix for characters that were already affected by this issue.

Please update that thread if the issue persists past the release of Season 11.5.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Oops! Sorry I didn't see that thread going on. I was waiting for today's patch to see if it made a difference. Thanks for the speedy reply to my post! I didn't expect one that quick!

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    No matter what time they do this long of maintenance in the day, it's a problem. There are plenty of people who are free during the day in North America, and then either work, have home commitments, have social lives, etc. in the evening.

You can't select a time that benefits everyone, all the time. Starting early North American time (which they did, in fact, start earlier than usual) and aiming for the quickest turnaround is the best you can ask for.

While this is right, i dont see an issue why they shouldnt be able to monitor connections based on time and region and choose times based on this monitoring so they have as less players affected. From my online experiance most US based companys dont realy care about the rest of the world, this was even true for companys who had more customers elsewhere in the world.
    hivercide wrote: »
    They started when they arrived at work. Now, we're all sorry that you're inconvenienced, but they came in early today, at 05:00am, in order to start their work. You are being unreasonable to expect them to show up even earlier.
    That may be how they allways select there down time which would explain why it at the time it is. There another matter in this case. Since it a free to play game it not relay all players that count the same rather that player that spent money on sto that would count more then others. Then there higher cost of paying works to work off shift and having coverage after the outage and before and still have the people you need to do the outage work.

Why am i unreasonable? A friend of mine works in IT. When they need to do upgrades to servers of there customers (wich are all companys of different sizes) they have to work over night, during off hours and on holidays on a regular basis, because there customers need stuff done but without interrupting there work environment to much. This game is not different, its a service, but the company doesnt care about availability, however if tehre customers would be companys and not private persons they would use whole different strategies, trust me.
    Wow your friend works for IT contractor. Guess what that a totally different ball of wax. But here the thing clearly your friend those not know that much about planning an outage. How many have they plan, where any of then for orgnaized that needs 24/7 coverage 365? What then? Guess what I have done that and been part of planning. It not so simple. Then on top 24/7 thro in office all around the world so you have different time zones..... That closer to this outage....... Has your friend planned any of that? From your comments I doubt it. Trying to find Perfect time is impossible. You end up going with the least painfull which give you the most staff coverage for before, after and most importantly AFTER.. Cause you never no what going to break that no one thought off.
  • artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    After your maintenance yesterday, which lasted seven and a half hours, it was new to fetch roughly 3,300 megabytes When I started patching however, has loaded after marking ST.60 and other serial numbers only a little over 2,860 megabytes. After the window itself closed. When I clicked again in the Arc on the Play button, patching was fast. The problem is that they still use the old number and other numbers ST.55 series. Consequently no load new season marked New season 11.5 . So I got Star Trek delete and re-download, or a mistake in not loaded elsewhere? Thank you for answer.
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User

jawel. kazumi :-) deze vlaming vindt het ook niet fijn :p

Idem hier ;)
  • artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Could anyone so be good, and answer on my question about false patching New season, please?
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    artemida82 wrote: »
    Could anyone so be good, and answer on my question about false patching New season, please?

If it's what I think it was, then this should clear things up a bit :3
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1213765/season-11-5-pre-patching-begins-let-it-do-its-thing
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Dear lord, don't look at my count...

b4ce1f6d72255a2067a623d491df0707.jpg
    Wait? Isn't your count the same as everybody else?
    latest?cb=20060205225316
    Ah-ah-ah! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.