What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [April 7th, 2016]

Comments

• tinead1tinead1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    pullock wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    An extension on a maintenance already this long is outrageous.

I have to agree, that's 9pm over here in the UK 10pm in most of Europe that's alot of people who've missed out today.

Indeed correct myself today can therefore forget to play because I have the night shift. This maintenance is clearly planted and focused only on America while apparently other continents or other timelines are completely forgotten. This method of working can happen that some people sometimes miss certain things and that agreements can not be performed with other captains and fleets. Sincerely thank for that.

Translated with Google.

If you're not based in the good ole US of A then consider yourself a second class citizen in this mmo. Europe "always" draws the short straw, just another day at the office i'm afraid. I've given up expecting anything else, pssst, dont whinge to much or the ban hammer drops...
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    And then promote to buy a lifetime membership, really ridiculous. I let myself indulge in as a member and then no one gets yet garatie that one could play the game whenever they want.

Translated with Google.
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    brwjames85 wrote: »
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 7 from 5AM-2:00 PM Pacific (12:00-21:00 UTC). Please check the forums."
    Oh my gosh! The maintance is changed from 8:30pm to 10:00pm EU time :#

kazumi, judging by the 2nd part of your name, you're either dutch or flemish? :p it's zomertijd now :p that's UTC+2, so it's still 11pm

Ik ben uit Nederland :) Echt waar betekend dat tot en met 11:00pm?
    Qapla'!
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    Been trying to run the launcher. While the patch works, the launcher keeps crashing on me. Anyone else having the same problem?
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Only network bug I wish they'd fix is the annoying map transfer freeze bug. I can't park a toon in the DQ because switching to a toon there triggers the map freee 100% of the time for me.
  • pullockpullock Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I understand that the maintenance is necessary and I know it's not all the time but extending 7.5h to 9.5h does frustrate me a little. Then we have Season 11.5 next week I hope we don't need emergency maintenance after it drops but that seems to be par for the course with new releases.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I'm tired of always look at my iPad, will work for now. There still is no sensible answer.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Everyone realizes that they gave us about 3 weeks pre-notice of today's lengthened downtime, and explicitly said it might take longer depending on how the network tests go, right? This isn't a shock, unless you specifically weren't paying attention.

No, we must PANIC!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • xebovxebov Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    What i realy dont understand with US companys is why they cant manage to start this lengthly maintenances earlier so they have less players effected. 5 AM to 2 PM PST sounds nice, but since its 2 PM to 11 PM CEST it effects whole europe while a earilier start by 4-5hours would have prevented this.
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    xebov wrote: »
    What i realy dont understand with US companys is why they cant manage to start this lengthly maintenances earlier so they have less players effected. 5 AM to 2 PM PST sounds nice, but since its 2 PM to 11 PM CEST it effects whole europe while a earilier start by 4-5hours would have prevented this.

Oh my gosh! At 10:00pm I must to bed because I must wake op at 6:30am tomorrow again for work :'(
    Qapla'!
  • x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I use this, it's an unofficial twitter page, but it gets the job done: https://mobile.twitter.com/STO_DevTracker/tweets

There's also this thing: http://www.subnova.com/sto/devtracker/
    Feedback on its functionality is welcomed.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Including the Season 11.5 patch today would have been a purrfect timing because the meowntenance is already that long. ^^
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    I understand that the maintenance is necessary and I know it's not all the time but extending 7.5h to 9.5h does frustrate me a little. Then we have Season 11.5 next week I hope we don't need emergency maintenance after it drops but that seems to be par for the course with new releases.

While I hope Cryptic does some season 11.5 stuff so we have less of a downtime on Tuesday. hoping for less Emergency maintenance might be a lesson in futility (and not the borg "resistance is Futile" kind :( ). the nature of emergency maintenance is that it is unplanned. Because you really can't plan for everything. Some bugs just don't show up until you have a million plus users trying to do something.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User

No matter what time they do this long of maintenance in the day, it's a problem. There are plenty of people who are free during the day in North America, and then either work, have home commitments, have social lives, etc. in the evening.

You can't select a time that benefits everyone, all the time. Starting early North American time (which they did, in fact, start earlier than usual) and aiming for the quickest turnaround is the best you can ask for.
  • jesusblessedjesusblessed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!

We will be having our scheduled maintenance tomorrow 4/7 at 5AM Pacific for 7.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

I can not believe i have had the day off today and find sto is having maint that is taking all day and comes on line when i have to go to bed this is a TRIBBLE take thank god i canceled my sub
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Holodeck is now unlocked!
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    think that's it back up.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
    chipg7 wrote: »
    No matter what time they do this long of maintenance in the day, it's a problem. There are plenty of people who are free during the day in North America, and then either work, have home commitments, have social lives, etc. in the evening.

You can't select a time that benefits everyone, all the time. Starting early North American time (which they did, in fact, start earlier than usual) and aiming for the quickest turnaround is the best you can ask for.

While this is right, i dont see an issue why they shouldnt be able to monitor connections based on time and region and choose times based on this monitoring so they have as less players affected. From my online experiance most US based companys dont realy care about the rest of the world, this was even true for companys who had more customers elsewhere in the world.

• neromoura#1969 neromoura Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Well, it's back online. Looks like maintenance is finished.
  • andre#5192 andre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am online
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I can not believe i have had the day off today and find sto is having maint that is taking all day and comes on line when i have to go to bed [...]

They announced the maintenance 3 weeks ago, and have been linking to the post every week during maintenance since then.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!

We will be having our scheduled maintenance tomorrow 4/7 at 5AM Pacific for 7.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

I can not believe i have had the day off today and find sto is having maint that is taking all day and comes on line when i have to go to bed this is a TRIBBLE take thank god i canceled my sub
    Good thing, too. I mean this game is such a waste of time. Kind like the wasted time it might take one to create an account just to post one post to complain about something you're not interest in dealing with any more. :/

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    An extension on a maintenance already this long is outrageous.

I have to agree, that's 9pm over here in the UK 10pm in most of Europe that's alot of people who've missed out today.

Indeed correct myself today can therefore forget to play because I have the night shift. This maintenance is clearly planted and focused only on America while apparently other continents or other timelines are completely forgotten. This method of working can happen that some people sometimes miss certain things and that agreements can not be performed with other captains and fleets. Sincerely thank for that.

Translated with Google.
    Please don't get me wrong, I'm convinced of the fact that any decent network and its software needs a decent time to maintain it, and if you're working on everything that's in the PWE portfolio, I also understand quite well that it'll take several hours.

The only thing that I find regrettable, is that it always SEEMS (I say what my impression is, the facts could be otherwise) that European players are the victim of longer / prolonged downtime...

Also, I don't have the intention to incite a Euro - America debate on merrit. Like I said, just stating my feelings (and a lot of other Euro players me thinks)

Jeez enough of the 'it's not fair on us' babble. The time is chosen as it's traditionally the quietest time of the day for the game. Cryptic aren't out to alienate us in the EU (I'm from the UK), so just deal with it for Christ's sake. I can cope with this, why can't you!?

When a big update is incoming, it's very common for extended maintenance to happen. I've been playing around 5 years, and it's the same everytime.

1. Us in the EU won't count soon no more according to polls :p
    2. You're an hour behind, which makes any downtime a bit more bareable...
    3. I'll rephrase: Continental Western Europe
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Hm I don't mind the long maintenance times.

The only fix that was important to me personally, the Neil Falconer claiming issue, doesn't seem to have worked :/
  • uhnah#4625 uhnah Member Posts: 32 Arc User

[/quote]omg no O.o incompetent TRIBBLE? O.o :p[/quote]

What would happen if we were all Kligon mm?
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 7 from 5AM-2:00 PM Pacific (12:00-21:00 UTC). Please check the forums."

kazumi, judging by the 2nd part of your name, you're either dutch or flemish? :p it's zomertijd now :p that's UTC+2, so it's still 11pm

jawel. kazumi :-) deze vlaming vindt het ook niet fijn :p
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User

They started when they arrived at work. Now, we're all sorry that you're inconvenienced, but they came in early today, at 05:00am, in order to start their work. You are being unreasonable to expect them to show up even earlier.

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User

* Betekent

Sorry :p
    hivercide wrote: »
    They started when they arrived at work. Now, we're all sorry that you're inconvenienced, but they came in early today, at 05:00am, in order to start their work. You are being unreasonable to expect them to show up even earlier.

Why am i unreasonable? A friend of mine works in IT. When they need to do upgrades to servers of there customers (wich are all companys of different sizes) they have to work over night, during off hours and on holidays on a regular basis, because there customers need stuff done but without interrupting there work environment to much. This game is not different, its a service, but the company doesnt care about availability, however if tehre customers would be companys and not private persons they would use whole different strategies, trust me.

• daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    What Tychus said...
    Mzd8i1c.gif
This discussion has been closed.