test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

module question

kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
If I use two of the same module, do they stack? For example, if I use two tetryon pulse generators, do you get the damage bonus for both modules?

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You mean ship consoles? Most of them work fine like that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Uuggh, yes, I did mean consoles. Thank you. That may help explain why my ships aren't doing so well. You know, using only one of any given console.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Seems most consoles stack 100%. Except armor ones, cause Cryptic cares more for the pew pew death than the unkillable ship.
  • Options
    Well, it was actually smart for them to not run into the same issue Diablo 2 had. The game had a soft cap on player resistances of 75%, and a hard cap of 95% just to prevent players from being able to make themselves immune to damage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    If I use two of the same module, do they stack? For example, if I use two tetryon pulse generators, do you get the damage bonus for both modules?

Hi. So, those consoles dont stack per se, as stack implies that the percentages keep growing (ie, growth on growth). However, the consoles are additive, insofar as if you equip more than one then you'll have more effect than just one.

I've written a (rather long - sorry) post on starship equipment and consoles that you might find useful in this thread.

Gl, hf!
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I do have more questions. 1) Let's say I have two tetryon pulse generators that give +25% each, and my tetryon beam does 100 DPS. Does this mean that beam's DPS is now 150? 2) Science consoles that boost science abilities also stack? Thus, two flow capacitors will make a tachyon beam even more effective? 3) Are two tetryon pulse generators better than a tetryon pulse generator and a directed energy beam manifold? I am guessing the answers to questions 2 and 3 are "yes", but I'll ask anyway. I did read that guide before, but it was good to read it again. Nice write up, and thank you for your work.
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    1) It depends on what you mean by "beam doing 100 DPS" If it's its intrinsic value, before any buffs at all then yes. If it's its current value, including other buffs/debuffs then most likely not.

2) and 3) are indeed simple "yes."
  • Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    3) Are two tetryon pulse generators better than a tetryon pulse generator and a directed energy beam manifold? I am guessing the answers to questions 2 and 3 are "yes", but I'll ask anyway. I did read that guide before, but it was good to read it again. Nice write up, and thank you for your work.

I agree with @nebfab 's assessment (thanks!).

Also, thanks for the feedback on my guide - i'm glad that someone is reading it! :). As I mentioned in the guide, it is best to use a tac console that boosts your energy type (in this case, tetryon) as tac consoles that boost weapon types (ie beams with the directed energy beam manifold) boost all energy types of that weapon - but they pay for this flexibility by boosting them less than the specific type.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    By the way, fleet Vulnerability Locator (+Tet) are even better than a Tetryon console because they also add +1.x% crit chance per console.

If you aren't in a fleet, you can get better rarity Tetryon consoles by buying a Mark II very rare console on the Exchange for 50-100,000 EC then using a few Improved Beam / Improved Cannon (or Superior) tech upgrades to get the Mark level up to XIV. About 1 in 5 of them that you upgrade to XIV will improve to Ultra Rare along the way.

(Don't use Basic tech upgrades -- they take twice as much dil per tech point as Improved.)
  • Options
    georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Tet user here. If you're going for Tet then go for equips that modify Tet damage. Tet is as far as what I have been dabbling using it, has more type amplification coming from gears. I sometimes think that this was done to compensate on it's rather non-appealing secondary trait of burning shields, which becomes useless after any target's shield goes down...

Also if your trying to maximize Tet damage prepare to be aggro during battle. I'm still not sure how the heck my aggro keeps increasing even if I have slotted -threat consoles and abilities and wasn't doing that high damage like AP's. I remember someone parsing me saying why I have +Threat on my gear just because even though according to him I'm 3rd on DPS on his parse I'm taking all the aggro.

Then I showed him my gear and he was surprised I was wearing -threat embassy consoles yet I was still generating large aggro lol =P

I do not know if it's a bug or is it because the AI somehow calculates the shield damage I do. But doesn't happen all the time though but when it does prepare to be annoyed >.<
  • Options
    -threat consoles are a drop in the bucket compared to the threat you generate via DPS. IF your threat was nearly equal to someone without them, then they'd do something, but not otherwise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    ....2) Science consoles that boost science abilities also stack? Thus, two flow capacitors will make a tachyon beam even more effective? ...
    Yes but not the same way as the Weapon consoles. Science consoles add POINTS to said skill (prtg, flow grave gen)..so..37.5 points in prtg can mean about a 5% increase in say, TBRs damage ..I WISH those sci consoles were a % boost to exotic rather than points..

Yes Points in FlWC with increas the shield drain for Tachyon beam..Theres also a trait that makes it a touch more effective too..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.