test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrade Questions

gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
I decided to use some of my stockpiled tech upgrades.I am using the Enhanced Universal Ultra Rare.I noticed that the quality improvement chance never went up,even when using the proper accelerator.Now I know that the quality chance is small but to register no improvement at all just seems off to me.Do these special upgrades we get for doing feature episodes not help in quality?Is the upgrade system have a bug I don't know about?I'd hate to think that I wasted these upgrades and accelerators.

Comments

• Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    'fraid so, no quality upgrade with them. I always take the spec point from FEs, each point represents a lot of play outside of extra XP events.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Another question.I used an Omega upgrade and the quality meter did go up about 5%,when I hit upgrade item that percentage went away.I thought that the quality meter remembered it's progress.Does the Omega upgrade only give you a single chance then reset?
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Quality improvement chance doesn't carry over between marks, only after you hit the max mark of XIV.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    It resets each level upgrade. When I did an omega upgrade to lieutenant singularity, bought a x2 quality and the quality upgrade chance starts at 40%, resets with each pass and gets lower with level. At level 14 the chance is really low but persists, thats how epic upgrades become wildly expensive when applied to gear you can't get at lieutenant.

For gear you can get at mk 2, there are 2 options: buy epic upgraded version from exchange, pricing varies between sensible and really expensive, weapons with decent mods like pen, plus a mix of dmg, CD, CH can be had for below 10m a pop, insist on pen and 3XCD and the price is sky high; or upgrade self with omega upgrade + X2 quality accelerator during upgrade event.

tech point accelerator vs quality - go with quality