test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does the cooldown work for Into the Breach?

johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how can you tell when your Voth transmission cooldown is over and so you can get another one? I don't see a timer anywhere. It sucks to do a run only to find out that you didn't wait quite long enough :).

Comments

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Ya sadly you just have to keep track yourself that 20 hours have passed between when you want to run it again and the last time you did. I really wish they would just have a daily reset everyday at like 9am PST.
    edited March 2016
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how can you tell when your Voth transmission cooldown is over and so you can get another one? I don't see a timer anywhere. It sucks to do a run only to find out that you didn't wait quite long enough :).

There is no timer, been a long standing complaint. Although some use things like 20 hour DOff assignments started right after completion to keep track of the cooldown. My take on it is just run it at about the same time every day (it is a daily reward after all) and be done with it. Fretting over getting one every 20 hours just ain't worth it.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    gilion wrote: »
    I really wish they would just have a daily reset everyday at like 9am PST.

I wonder 'bout that myself. The mechanic is there since that's how refining dilithium works. Why not tie it in with that time and start the event a 00:00 GMT?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »

I wonder 'bout that myself. The mechanic is there since that's how refining dilithium works. Why not tie it in with that time and start the event a 00:00 GMT?

Bad idea since people around the world play at many different times, and that would make it a 24 hour cooldown not 20.

It can be annoying having no visible cooldown (especially when I ran the Mirror event a half-hour early, d'oh!). But with the 20 hour cooldown instead of 24 it's easier to schedule it every day when your days do vary at bit. You can do it at 9:30 one day and only have to wait until 5:31 the next day.

Using a 20-hour rep project works well if you have any unfinished ones. I've also use a scrap of paper to write down the times each day.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Bad idea since people around the world play at many different times, and that would make it a 24 hour cooldown not 20.

It can be annoying having no visible cooldown (especially when I ran the Mirror event a half-hour early, d'oh!). But with the 20 hour cooldown instead of 24 it's easier to schedule it every day when your days do vary at bit. You can do it at 9:30 one day and only have to wait until 5:31 the next day.

Using a 20-hour rep project works well if you have any unfinished ones. I've also use a scrap of paper to write down the times each day.

You're missing the point. Collect one each calendar day - no cooldown. You're collect one from 00:00-23:59 GMT and you can't collect another 'til 00:00-23:59 the next day. You could run one at 23:50 and then turn around the next 10 minutes later and still get both dailies. One completion per day - just like I could refine delithium at 16:50 (MST) if I hadn't refined for the day and turn around and refine again at 17:10.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Ah, that could work for most people. For past events I've seen posts where people tried to use the 20 hours to fit in an extra day since you can fit 7 x 20 into 6 x 24.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I think a way to read the countdown would be far more useful for players. I don't think it matters that refining DIlithium works like that for Cryptic, because we're not talking about something related to the refinement of Dilithium, but something more related to mission rewards, marks and daily marks bonuses.

I think in the end it will always be best to leave the details of the implementation to the developers that know how their system, and rather work on communicating the intent behind the suggestion.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The way I do it is to start my dailies for either R&D or rep as soon as I finish the mission.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg