test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Specialization points?

Does anyone know of any way to reset your specialization points?
I can't seem to find anything that will allow for a reset. I thought when I reset my skills (Using a token from C store) it would also reset my specialization points but it did not.
Is there anything in game or the C store that will allow you to reset said points?

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    No.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    No there is no such thing. But you shouldn't need it. You can buy every spec point you want, eventually.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    Just earn more. Unlike skill points there is no limit and you can eventually have it all. Admiralty is your friend.

Also, even if you pick the "wrong" power, Intel points add +defense and Pilot add +turn so points in them are never wasted.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I'm a casual player but thanks to Admiralty I'm five points away from maxing them all out... it isn't hard.
    Post edited by samt1996 on
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    LOL... I've lost count of how many excess points I now have...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    I have lost over a dozen and a half on the Character I have been playing. I have 15 Extra but unless they are the Fed Admiralty 10 of 10 award, the Weekly Featured Episode Bonus or Spec Point Bundles from Giveaways any extra I get through the Levelling Up Bar, they are lost.

Someone mentioned the max extra from the Leveling Up Bar is 7.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    There's no way of resetting spec points. The system was set up in such a way that you continue to gain points every time you level, essentially giving you a sense of progression. As of right now, the maximum points you can get from the specialization system is 105, but considering they do the Featured Episode weekly reward, some people might have above this cap. The cap will increase again whenever they get around to doing another tree.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    there is very little point in doing this as you eventually end up buying every point it the system anyway, therefore the decision to omit this pointless feature was an obvious choice.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    Just taken care of that, 2 weeks ago.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    there is very little point in doing this as you eventually end up buying every point it the system anyway, therefore the decision to omit this pointless feature was an obvious choice.

Yup, I did nothing special to accrue spec points and all my toons are almost full in every spec. My main toon has an extra 30 I can't spend.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.