test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Tray Minor Upgrade

Sometimes a minor upgrade can go a long way. Especially when managing the power tray, when swapping ships, console powers, loadouts, gaining new captain powers, swapping kit modules, etc. is a common occurance.

I suggest being able to highlight powers in the power trays when you mouse over the appropriate power in the Power Tray UI. That way, when you are in Sector Space, on a Ground Map, or anywhere in between, you'll be able to spot whether you have a power that's missing from the trays themselves or you want to see where they are on the tray to rearrange the powers to better suit your playstyle.

Since most powers are greyed out in Sector Space, for example, it'd make sense to have the power be highlighted around the power icons (and even in regular gameplay for those who are colour-blind in the first place).

It's too easy for powers to be lost in the shuffle when they are constantly being swapped out and shifted. Such as the Nimbus Pirate/Sector Space store/bank/exchange/email ship summoning powers, or powers that may have been accidentally pulled off the power trays during combat.

Comments

• pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    The entire UI needs an upgrade, no UI should cost framerate like STO's does. I suspect it is shoddy engineering on cryptic's part, because Neverwinter and Heros suffer the same issues.

I see no reason to have separate elements for every component of the ui.

For your immediate problem, I suggest establishing a pattern in the way you layout your skills on your bars, so that no matter what ship you fly or what boffs you use, cartain skill 'types' will appear in the same slot areas. This way you will be able to easily determine if anything is missing.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Yes, the UI in this game love to flush the framrate down the toilet.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Yes, the UI in this game love to flush the framrate down the toilet.

Yes. YES. Ferry svirly. For Yu. Meee, no fuch issus. (Fot dat I font belivvvvvvvve Yu, fugh...)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg