test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Split Specializations into Space/Ground

samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
Please for the love of God! Switching specs halfway through a mission when you get to the ground part is so incredibly annoying! There isn't any good reason I can think of for it to work this way just split everything into it's ground/space portions so they can be used independantly of each other.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Yea OP I get the feeling. I did the FE 9 times with my toons because of the rewards. One run was particularly funny because I did it with one of my space set engineering toons (65kish space dps) which I never gave any love on ground so far. To make it worse the bridge crew did not beam down with me for some reason. Not that they would have been much of a help there.

Was funny because I for once had to pay attention to what I’m doing outside of an STF.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    It's a story mission. It's easy enough that switching specs doesn't matter. At the very least, this is nowhere near "for the love of God" type of complaint.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    Someone floated the idea in another thread about the Commando spec but what I'd love to see is an automatic switching between a space spec load out and a ground spec load out. The idea would be to have pilot and commando automatically switch depending on whether you're in ground or space, but I think the idea could go further. Just set what spec you want for space and for ground and have the map determine which one is active. Would be a nice QoL improvement.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    While I agree that it's annoying that the game doesn't auto switch between space and ground specs, story missions aren't so hard that it's a problem. They couldn't be as the difficulty can't differentiate between a newly minted 60 with 10 spec points and someone who has maxed out all their trees.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    While I agree that it's mildly annoying it's not that big of a deal. if you aren't doing queues it really dosen't matter and if you are you just have to press like 4 buttons before you start.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    While we are at it, the Active Reputation Powers should also be broken up into Space and Ground like the regular Space/Ground recent revamp.

With the Terran Rep we now have four Space and four Ground Actives. The next Rep will provide a choice for probably Space with five to fit into four spots.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns