test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Impulse Drive Needs a Miracle Worker.

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
There was a time when Impulse Drive was turned on along with the Warp Drive on ships while travelling in Sector Space. I asked a Dev who popped into Zone Chat about why both are turned on when it should be just the Warp Drive.

He said Marketing dictated it, because having everything turned on somehow attracted people to the ships. I suggested to at least reduce the Impulse flare, so at least to emphasize the fact that we're supposed to be travelling in Warp speed (rather than Ludacris speed).

Instead, now we have overactive Impulse engines that flare like no tomorrow, and slight streaks from the Warp drive nacelles.

But overactive Impulse drive isn't restricted to Sector Space, but in the Ship Customization screen.

I'm glad that Warp Drive is normally working when exiting System Space, but for all the other situations it's the redlining Impulse engines.

I wonder if this is related with the Warp trails don't often match with the warp nacelles (i.e. green energy signatures instead of blue for Star Fleet starships)?

I hope that Warp nacelles can work the way they were meant to play, and Impulse engines again be used for system space only again.