test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Skill Suggestions

samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
So several people in the main thread suggested combining energy and projectile weapon skills into one set of skills therefore leaving some space open for new skills and bort said he is open to suggestions but prefer that they have their own threads so here I am! Lol

OK so two in particular come to mind, how about giving torpedoes some love? We all know that shields get a standard built in 75% kinetic resistance rating and although there are some interesting ideas for how shield power level or current capacity level during combat might allow that to fluctuate giving torpedo builds more usefulness but I'll just assume that's a no go and base my suggestions to work within the current designs.

How about a skill box that buffs your torpedoes to ignore some of the targets shield resistances? Maybe 10% per box for a total of 30% penetration? So basically instead of the target ignoring 75% of your torpedo damage to its shields it might only ignore 45% with having three of these boxes filled in. Of course numbers can be changed.

Secondly how about weapon arcs? What about a skill that increases weapon arcs by like 10% per box? Or maybe a standard amount since that would scale in favor of beams quite significantly. So maybe add +5 arc to torpedoes, dual beams and dual cannons while adding +10 to beam arrays and single cannons per box filled in.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I realize both of these could be coding nightmares since they've pretty much remained the same since day one but I still wanted to give it a try!

People also suggested combining shield/ hull capacity and regeneration into the same boxes as well possibly lowering the bonuses to compensate and although I don't mind either way I do think it would be cool to free up space for more new skills. :D
  • Options
    So I guess that's a nope then... lol