test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TK from Isometric Charge?

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited February 2016 in The Academy
Apparently someone on a Tholian Red Alert had this ability equipped, and it dealt me damage right before something else killed me (I didn't even see the Web Cannon charging, so who knows what that's about). I didn't think abilities dealt damage to team members. I know I can catch fire from my own Heavy Plasma torps, which is stupid, but these other things?

Screenshot here

Comments

• Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    Did something hit him with Scramble Sensors? I haven't played a Tholian alert in a while so I don't recall offhand if they have that ability.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Afaik tholians dont use scramble, this might have been shot by someome who got affected by AP lambda as it seems to spread to friendly targets when used with AoE skills such as torpedo spread (same for KLW, deals damage and res debuff to allied targets).
    Another possible way how you got shot by the charge might be that the tholian ship it was at before was confused by lambda, scramble, AMS and so on, then you got hit by the charge as it accepted you as a guilty target for it.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    IIRC chain attacks do odd things when the initial target is confused.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    IIRC chain attacks do odd things when the initial target is confused.

It could possibly make sense from a programming standpoint, if once the initial target has been hit the target itself seeks out a random ally, rather than the user seeking out a random hostile. If the target is confused, then a nearby random ally could include former hostiles.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Doesn't one of the Tetryon blast rep powers warn about that happening? Something like if the target is confused it might hurt allies?
  • Options
    predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I didn't know Scramble Sensors affected friendly projectiles. If I did, I wouldn't have used it. I mean, I'm sure it's great for PvP, but then they're not friendly anymore, are they?