test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does each character have his own isolated Anniversary Voucher reputation project?

johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
Why aren't the contributions account-wide like the ship prize is? Is it a bug? It seems silly for all of my characters to be filling up the meter when one day my Klingon will be like "Got to 1000!!" and the others will just be sitting there impotent at 960. Is it better to hoard vouchers with the other characters, or will they be worthless after the event is over anyway?

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Only one character needs to run the event in order to unlock the ship for every character on your account. If you are running it on multiple alts, then you may simply just be wasting your time.

Unless this works how the Summer and Winter events worked and you can turn in 40 vouchers per day for 40 Rep marks of your choice, once you have the ship unlocked. Which I'm guessing it will. Once the event ends, any extra vouchers are supposed to go *POOF*.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Yea if you are running it on multiple character's, and putting the vouchers in the ship project on each, all you have done is waist the vouchers i am sorry to say.

Run the ship project on one character, save the vouchers on all the others. After you get the ship a new project will show up. 40 vouchers for 40 marks, after the event ends anything left over disappears.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yea if you are running it on multiple character's, and putting the vouchers in the ship project on each, all you have done is waist the vouchers i am sorry to say.

Run the ship project on one character, save the vouchers on all the others. After you get the ship a new project will show up. 40 vouchers for 40 marks, after the event ends anything left over disappears.
    Nah, I still have my left over winter event vouchers. Yes, the ones from the most recent event....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'm guessing there will be a buyback store in 11 months or so.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Why aren't the contributions account-wide like the ship prize is? Is it a bug? It seems silly for all of my characters to be filling up the meter when one day my Klingon will be like "Got to 1000!!" and the others will just be sitting there impotent at 960. Is it better to hoard vouchers with the other characters, or will they be worthless after the event is over anyway?

Contributions are not account wide because that means you can get the ship in one day with 3 toons playing Time and Tide which gives each toon 400 vouchers the 1st time they play it. The purpose of the events is to give an incentive to player to log day after day to ultimately get the "prize". There more often players log into the game the better STO's metrics will be which is one of the things executives at Cryptic and PWE will be looking at. Also, the more often a player logs in means an additional day the player may think about actually spending real money on the game.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Before they went account wide, every toon had to do it to get the ship. I would assume Cryptic just hasn't bothered / don't care to code in something that stops other toons from starting the project when one is doing it already.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

except i have the ship on one character yet on other characters who claimed the ship via store the only the rep grind for the ship is available.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    You get the freedom to choose which toon you do the grind on. If you do it with more than one you waste your time.