test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hundreds of years to advance their tech...

And I blow through them like I did the Iconians before. STO Online, where the advanced technology of our foes does looks different- but always sucks.

This is the nature of MMOs and I really don't expect much else. But it would be nice if it was different, or at least explained.

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    It's normal for video games. However it would be less obvious if STO was to use a "quality before quantity" approach and would pit you against signifcantly less foes but with fights that last longer as opposed to throwing dozens of critter mob at you you dispose off via AoE attacks. That's what sometimes lets it seem ridiculous truly pig-2.gif

When you mob dozens of goblins or bandites with your mighty holy palading aura and magic hammer swings it's cool and heroic. If you wipe dozens of cruisers and battleships in your tiny Defiant that spews more torpedoes than crewmen in huge bubbles left and right and wipe enemy crews of two thousand crewmen per ship in ten seconds then it gets weird pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    So true.

They could even have kept the multiple ships- if they were say shuttles that I was keeping away from my allies. Of course given the advances one should see over that time, a single Shuttle should be able to kick my backside.

Oh well. Never say my T5-U Excelsior is outdated, it looks good for a few more hundred years at least.