test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway To Grethor Advanced No Enemy NPCs to Trigger Mission Completion

alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
Entered a public STF Queue Gtga on a Romulan Tac, full team, at last part after taking out enemy Vonph and the rest of the Herald enemy NPCs the mission does not complete.

We all scouted the entire map in the vicinity of the main spawn fleet (albeit not completely thoroughly) but unlike other times where a few stray critters are left, this time it was completely empty. I was pressing fire-all-weapons while flying (have omni-beam) not cloaked but nothing was picked up anywhere to trigger mission completion.

The other members seemed to have encountered this bug before numerous times.

I assume it results in an 1h STF leaver penalty as well, but have not verified yet (was last to leave, writing bug report).

Ticket ID #3,862,818
Y945Yzx.jpg
Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
· ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
«» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

Comments

• Options
    wrexnormandywrexnormandy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It's most likely from a left over viral probe. This just happened to me after completing everything and optionals, but because the mission sees the probe you get nothing. No completion and failed final optional. Looking at the forum the devs have known about this since November.
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    This happened to a group I was part of this evening. All that was left was a solitary viral probe which had changed to being an "ally" and was untargetable. Strangely there was no leaver penalty and the mission showed as available in PVE queue list instead of being in cooldown.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    Was anyone running the Iconian Probe console by any chance?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    Was anyone running the Iconian Probe console by any chance?

Was just going to ask if this could be the cause, I have one slotted for the AP boost.

I also noticed in a run this evening that there seemed to be much more hostile viral probes than normal. In a subsequent run a single probe was remaining but it self destructed after a minute or so (long enough for a chorus of "oh *&^% not again" to show in chat).

• Options
    here is a workaround for completing the mission.

I equipped the projected singularity console to my shuttle and when the mission ended managed to switch this with one of my regularly equipped consoles. I was then able to fire a singularity towards the errant probe and destroyed them to trigger the mission complete dialogue.

Not ideal as not everyone will have a projected singularity console but it would seem to be a solution until a fix comes along.