test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fast and Furious Runspeed Boosts not disabled

skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
Today I did a few runs with my small toons. With all the speed boosts, I wasn't able to get at least second place. On Risa everyone with the same hoverboard rarity has the same chance. Therefore everything should be disabled (except snow boats) during the race.

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    The race is quite easy. I only use the Specialization trait, and snow boosts. I don't even own the Undine armour. And yet, I have never once been beaten by anyone using the Undine armour.

All you need to know is how to work the turns. The snow boots can best the Undine armour any day.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    Do it with a lvl 20 Char and see if you can win?
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »

20 lvl toons (and up to 50 lvl too) don't need marks.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    alexvio1 wrote: »

But they may want pets.​​
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    But they won't be level 20 forever, so yes, they do need marks. Lots of them, even more so than 60s, in fact.
    Anyway, it's his/her problem that s/he is 20 lvl and cannot use some traits and gear, and this is definitely not a reason to nerf various people who invested resources into gear and the research lab.

P.S.: And, yes, this is not a bug that speed boosts are working there.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    But they won't be level 20 forever, so yes, they do need marks. Lots of them, even more so than 60s, in fact.
    Anyway, it's his/her problem that s/he is 20 lvl and cannot use some traits and gear, and this is definitely not a reason to nerf various people who invested resources into gear and the research lab.

P.S.: And, yes, this is not a bug that speed boosts are working there.

It is. On Summer Race everybody is equal. This should be for the Winter Race too. Especially the Delta Trait is hard to compete with.

Additional you can get Fleet Marks (Small Fleets need them).
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    It is. On Summer Race everybody is equal. This should be for the Winter Race too. Especially the Delta Trait is hard to compete with.

not everyone has the fastest board in the summer race so they are NOT all equal.

Overall I don't see a bug here but a request. There's absolutely nothing wrong with requests but they're better suited for a different forum such as General perhaps.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Especially the Delta Trait is hard to compete with.

That trait is the second-smallest of the run speed buffs that a player can have. Counter-Command armor (while in effect), Fleet Research Lab Combat bonus project and [Run] weapons are all higher than it. I assume that you think it's the main culprit because it's the only one that you can see most of the time in someone's buff bar.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.