test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphics Bug when using Transwarp on KDF Toons

helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
edited December 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am experiencing a Graphics Bug when using my KDF Toons, and occasionally on my other toons as well. I went through multiple steps suggested to me by Arc's Support Staff to confirm the fact that what I am experiencing is indeed a bug. The end result is that they have forwarded it on to their Game Bug Team, and have suggested that I post a thread here on the forums to discuss what I am experiencing. I think they are hoping to determine whether what I am experiencing is an isolated incident or not.

What is happening is that whenever I initiate a Transwarp Jump to a destination such as Qonos or the Fleet Starbase (not to be confused with the jump to a Red Alert destination, which is different for some reason), the ship will instantaneously disappear from the screen as if it had prematurely entered transwarp, only to seemingly go through the process of entering transwarp a second time, only there will be no ship on the screen while it is entering transwarp that second time. Only after the second instance of it entering Transwarp will the screen progress to the loading screen for the new area.
3493uol.jpg
11qhbw5.jpg
29z1ldk.jpg
eleicy.jpg

The above screenshots are of the same ship and are in chronological order from first (screenshot 1) to last (screenshot 4).

EDIT: Oh, and the support team member I was speaking to told me to post this in this sub-forum specifically.

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    It's been that way ever since the sector space revamp for season 10. It was also reported back then. So....yeah.
  • Options
    So this is a known bug then?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    So this is a known bug then?

Beats me. If it is they must have it on a super low priority.
  • Options
    Well... perhaps if more people complain about it, either here or in support tickets, they might be forced to bump it up in the priority list.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    It's already been raised with the Operational Support Team. If memory serves it was one of the first bugs that I reported upon being recruited into the O.S.T. which was back in September. But we've yet to have a response to the report.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    What exactly is the Operational Support Team, and do they have the ability to get bugs fixed?
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    What exactly is the Operational Support Team, and do they have the ability to get bugs fixed?

The following link can best explain what the O.S.T. is all about http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1200927/operational-support-team-now-recruiting/p1

Simply put we're a group of players who work along side the QA team in hunting down bugs, exploits and other glitches in game. Then proceeding to recreate this issues and provide documentation. Which in turn makes resolving the issue's easier for the Dev's. Whilst the team's reports are on a private forum and we're unable to give specific information out. All I can say is that a sizable number of recent bug fixes have been made possible in conjunction with the O.S.T.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    This isn't a game-breaking bug by any means, I'm sure it's WAY down on the list of priorities to fix... if it's on there at all.
  • Options
    It may not be game-breaking, but it sure is annoying as all heck.
  • Options
    khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    visual things never seem to get fix'd