test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arc Defense - way too much

so it really doesnt matter if I log in on just my home PC or my laptop, Arc constantly locks me out, sends a code for a new computer again and again and again and again like 300 times in the last 2 years by my estimate.. Same IP(s) same 2 PCs.. but they are always new.. Any way to lower these "security settings" or is PWE really that poor at security???

Comments

• Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    I get this from time to time as well. Not every day, but after a browser update or an O/S update, Arc leaps in to defend me from myself. There's a checkbox somewhere that lets you opt out of the additional security, but before you do that make sure you have a very strong password.

I haven't been launching through the Arc client, though--maybe it's better through that. (Although I can think of ways it wouldn't be. If someone has your password, all bets are off.)
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yes, I especially have this problem trying to get to the forums on my various devices. Arc seems to arbitrarily lock me out every couple of months, and the lengthy wait for the code makes the whole process tedious.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It's annoying indeed. Which is why I've disabled the account guard in Arc. You'd think that, after having logged in on a device once or twice, it would be recognised as 'safe'.

@spielman1,

'Too' much, little etc. is never good. So no, it's not better to have too much security than having too little security. If it were, it wouldn't be 'too' much after all ;)
    But putting semantics aside, it is too much if you're asked to provide a security code every single time you log in on the forum, even if you've done so a dozen times before on a certain device.
  • Options
    howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    The only time I have this issue is if i use the buy zen from within the game, if i log in from the website it doesn't ask me. But even then it takes an extra 30 secs to jump to my email for the code so not a huge issue.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    you can turn off ARC defender if you wish.

1.Open Arc and log in to your account.
    2.Click the Arc symbol in the upper left corner, hover the mouse over Settings, and select General.
    3.Check the box next to "Disable Arc Defender", re-enter your account credentials, and click Continue.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.