test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Righting a Grave Injustice

My Fellow captains,

It has come to my attention, mainly through the bragging of the offenders, that a grave injustice is being perpetrated in Q's Winter Wonderland. The Gingerbread People have stolen land from the Snowmen! They freely admit this while at the same time begging for assistance against the people they have so egregiously wounded. The Gingerbread Mayor freely admits that his village is built on Snowman Sacred Ground, Yet refuses to enter talks with the Snowmen to right this heinous wrong. He even has the temerity to ask us to do violence in the name of the Gingerbread People. The Gingerbread Mayor seeks assistance to crush the Snowmen for the crime of fighting for their sacred teritory!

I say NAY. I will not fight for the Gingerbread People in defense of this crime, I refuse ALL assistance to the Gingerbread People until proper reparations are made to the Snowmen, and I ask you do the same. LET THE VILLAGE BURN!

When peaceful negotiations have begun I will strive to keep the peace between these two peoples, until then I will allow the Snowmen to fight for their rights and traditions unhindered.

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I don't care who I get to shoot, just as long as I get to shoot something.

And in any case, the Gingerbread People pay me much better. So, I will fight for the Gingerbread People.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I was the contractor for the Gingerbread Village. The Snow People traded their land for a handful of colorful sprinkles. The Gingerbread People have all rights to their land. That valley wasn't even being used by the Snow People previously . . .

All of our Gingerbread Structures are built to the UGBC's (United Gingerbread Building Commisions) Building code, using the requisite amount of frosting in all joints. I am confident that their buildings will sustain up to Category 4 Ice Shells that the Snoverlord deals out.

Taken from
    arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1208887/new-gingerbread-village
    Just so everyone knows..
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    lindaleff wrote: »

And in any case, the Gingerbread People pay me much better. So, I will fight for the Gingerbread People.

Theres an idea for next year...a team versus match based on the current cones of conduct, both sides trying to destroy gingerbreads/snowmen (in other words, the opposite side) to power up the snowconian/snoverlord - the only 'damage' to players is slowdown/stopping item pickup​​
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I say NAY. I will not fight for the Gingerbread People in defense of this crime, I refuse ALL assistance to the Gingerbread People until proper reparations are made to the Snowmen, and I ask you do the same. LET THE VILLAGE BURN!

Actually, the snowmen are freezing the village.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    benben500 wrote: »

Maybe it's some kind of scorched earth policy? A burning village couldn't be used by either side.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Burnt gingerbread? *wrinkles nose*
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Grave injustice? Mercy isn't in the game. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    You guys are having too much coco in your milk...

The original Q winter wonderland did not have ANY gingerbread village nor even snow borgs. The very first one wonderland had only the native snowman and the breen on it. So there was no eminent domain of land of any sort. The breen and the snowmen were there...way before any Q' gingerbread or the borg who were brought after. To make it a more complicated event... there was even the Jem Hadar...(don't believe me see the first wonderland with a nice Jemmie parked in the lake video below).
    IMO there was no injustice done since snowmen and the Breen plus the Jemmies were at each other's throats. The borg and Q's gingerbread men just added to the conflict of a free for ALL land.

2011 First Winter event...No gazebo and YES a Jemmie ship way before any gingerbread men:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hiig1WKTXk

Some more on the events for those who werent here during the early years:
    http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Wonderland​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2015

I will continue to fight for the Gingerbread People because I'm a sucker for the cute little SOBs in spite of their cruel cultural insensitivity and merciless colonial expansionism.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    benben500 wrote: »

Maybe he meant freezer burn! :p
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    My Fellow captains,

It has come to my attention, mainly through the bragging of the offenders, that a grave injustice is being perpetrated in Q's Winter Wonderland. The Gingerbread People have stolen land from the Snowmen! They freely admit this while at the same time begging for assistance against the people they have so egregiously wounded. The Gingerbread Mayor freely admits that his village is built on Snowman Sacred Ground, Yet refuses to enter talks with the Snowmen to right this heinous wrong. He even has the temerity to ask us to do violence in the name of the Gingerbread People. The Gingerbread Mayor seeks assistance to crush the Snowmen for the crime of fighting for their sacred teritory!

When peaceful negotiations have begun I will strive to keep the peace between these two peoples, until then I will allow the Snowmen to fight for their rights and traditions unhindered.

I'm pretty sure Q is mocking our captains for the whole Kobali-Vaadwaur situation.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    My Fellow captains,

I'm pretty sure Q is mocking our captains for the whole Kobali-Vaadwaur situation.

Mocking us for doing what we should have done?

A few things about that situation:

Gaul's group was revived before the Kobali settled on what is now Kobali Prime.
    They could have gone there and revived their people in that bunker right away, but instead prioritized scouring Underspace for something to help them regain their territory.
    They found it, and it only cost Gaul the freedom of will of his top men, and doing the bidding of the Iconians, via the Bluegills, including attempted genocide of the Krenim.
    Aside from what the Iconians directed them to do, they were still bent on regaining their old territory and settling old grudges, by whatever means necessary.

With that in mind, the Alliance was going to fight the Vaadwaur, no matter what was happening on Kobali Prime.

Now, let's look at the Kobali's role in this:

They did nothing while Vaadwaur stasis pods failed, even though they apparently were capable of maintaining and repairing at least some of them. It may not be actively killing them, but it is pretty shady by the standards of most species that we see in Trek.
    They neglected to inform us of the nature of their temple, despite it being a major reason for the Vaadwaur to be attacking, and a piece of strategic information that would have been useful for us to know earlier in the struggle.
    They revived fallen Vaadwaur soldiers as more Kobali. In itself not an awful act, but in the context of the ongoing war, something that they should have understood would be highly provocative.

A few decent morally gray acts there, some more gray than others.

Already, though, the scales are much more tipped toward the Vaadwaur being the greater evil, by far, of the two. Of the negatives for the Kobali, none is them directly murdering people. Two are failures to act when they could have, and the other can easily be called a cultural blindspot.

The major difference between them is that the Kobali, when confronted about what they've done, agree to change. They grow as a society due to contact with outsiders. The Vaadwaur simply do not, instead seeking to avenge the indignities that they feel other species have perpetrated on them, and do whatever it takes to reclaim their position as rulers of the region. No reflection on why the other species rose against them. No consideration that perhaps their limited numbers would make it very dangerous for them to get involved in a war of conquest at this time, even.

Edit; About this thread as a whole: George Carlin would be laughing about all of this hand-wringing over "spooky language" like the word sacred. Some people consider all land sacred, or all life, including that of trees. Does this make all of the rest of us war criminals of some sort for not only using this sacred land as wee see fit, including building homes on it, and altering it to fit our fancies? Are we murderers for killing the trees for the wood to build those homes? Just because some group believes something, doesn't mean the rest of us have to follow it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I only doing the race. I did a couple other events to get a couple of items. So now I only race for the ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    The snowmen have been trying to kill me since year 1 for no reason at all. Yeah, I don't have any objections toward helping the gingerbread people shovel the snow out of their villages.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I agree. The Snowmen attack us for no reason whatsoever and try to kill us. The Gingerbread people have never attacked us.

I will stand with the Gingerbread people. It's fun to watch bunches of snowmen go down in an AoE Hail shot. Or an AoE Caramel burst.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    lindaleff wrote: »

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    My Fellow captains,

It has come to my attention, mainly through the bragging of the offenders, that a grave injustice is being perpetrated in Q's Winter Wonderland. The Gingerbread People have stolen land from the Snowmen! They freely admit this while at the same time begging for assistance against the people they have so egregiously wounded. The Gingerbread Mayor freely admits that his village is built on Snowman Sacred Ground, Yet refuses to enter talks with the Snowmen to right this heinous wrong. He even has the temerity to ask us to do violence in the name of the Gingerbread People. The Gingerbread Mayor seeks assistance to crush the Snowmen for the crime of fighting for their sacred territory!

Then beat the Mayor's offer, at least double my current fee. As the old saying goes "money talks".
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?