test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Krenim writing

markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
Sorry if I posted this before @tacofangs I looked and didn't see it.

http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Krenim-Translator-562734253

So I made that, based on: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Krenim_script.jpg

I'm not sure where that came from though.... Is it text from the show? I don't know....

Why am I asking? well.... I noticed that the props in the starbase have a few symbols that I didn't see there. Also... I never managed to come up with a translation for them.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My character Tsin'xing
Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Hmmmmm...I dunno. My first instinct when I saw the Krenim text sample was that it was a boustrophedon writing system or some variant thereof; the embellishments certainly seem to lend themselves to that. (And would also be consistent with the Krenim mindset that the flow of the timeline need not be consistent in one direction.)

Still, very creative and unless we get some kind of official word, there's nothing saying my theory is right either. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well the lines seem to have a purpose. The form with round dots on both ends seems to indicate that two lines are part of the same sentence. But the form that ends in a double line seems to indicate that the big end is a pop-out menu or something.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Anyone know where to get good screen caps? :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing