test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A weapon's crit and crit severity question(s)?

1.Does a weapons crit chance and crit severity only effect that weapon.
2.(Regarding My personal ship) Is it better to have X# of weapons with 8% crit each and 5 Tac consoles with 9.4 crit severity each OR is it better to have X# of weapons with 80% crit severity and 5 tac consoles with 1.9% crit each? OR is it all the same in the End.
3. Does crit and crit severity effect a weapons proc in any way? Example: say a weapon has a 2.5% chance to proc and I craft the weapon with 6% crit chance. Does that give the weapon a 8.5% chance to proc?

Ty for all your help.

Best Answers

• Options
    kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    1) CrH and CrD modifiers on weapons only affect the weapon they modify. Weapons that have set bonuses sometimes give bonuses to overall CrH and CrD (Protonic arsenal, for example)
    2) Depends on your build, skillset, Doffs, etc.
    3) No.
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2015 Answer ✓
    hyefather wrote: »
    2.(Regarding My personal ship) Is it better to have X# of weapons with 8% crit each and 5 Tac consoles with 9.4 crit severity each OR is it better to have X# of weapons with 80% crit severity and 5 tac consoles with 1.9% crit each? OR is it all the same in the End.

Yes, 'depends on your build' is the right answer. Still, in general it's best to favor [CrtH] on your Tact consoles (Vulnerability Locators), and [CrtD] on your weps.

Edit: Cryptic, stop making it look like ppl cheated for having had the audacity to edit out a typo right after posting.
    3lsZz0w.jpg