test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what cool things can you purchase during the winter event?

I know about the weapons and turrets, which I finally got a decent weapon to fight the snowmen. But what others things can you use your prizes to purchase? What's on everyone's list of things to save for? Yeah, I know about the ship, but unfortunately, I have a problem doing the race, so basically just kind of keeping it to the rest of the stuff.
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire

Comments

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    There's the Breen space set warp core, as well as the new kit abilities and boff power.
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    Frosted Boots are useful even outside the Winter Wonderland. I've used them to move quickly through large ground maps like the Dyson and Kobali Battlezones. The winter jackets are standard off-duty costume choices so they can also be used outside the Wonderland, maybe you like the look of one as part of a mixed visual set?

I find it a touch odd that the BOff power manuals are limited to being purchased by a player of matching career. It makes sense for the kit modules since that's player level equipment, but bridge officer powers can be used regardless of the player's career choice. If it was a manufacture unlock that would be different, I wouldn't expect a Science Officer to be able to create an Engineering training manual, but these are just the straight manuals. Why limit them?

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I'm currently getting Frosted boots for all my toons (5)
    debating on getting the Cryo Warp core for my alts (already have it on my main, but don't use it).

Other notables I saw in the shop were the kit modules (will get these for sure), there's several per captain class.

Some cool pets also, I like the abomidorable Snowman pet, he's super cute.

Other then that, there are 3 types of winter jackets, long, short, mid riff. I get one of each in my favorite color. (No point getting them all, unless you collect all colors). For me, 1 set is good enough.

I'm considering getting the nanopulse lirpa + bat'leth. Don't need them per say, but they're nice to look at, and I collect nice melee weapons.
    So I'll probably pick up one of each color for my main. Red, Blue and Green.
    And one of each weapon for my alts (probably the Red versions)
    Other then that, Ill be saving the rest of my ornaments for next year.

Had about 400 of each ornament, leftover from last year.

TIP: Academy, ESD and Q's WW have doff assignments for Ornaments, you should do those at least once a day, they really add up by the time the event finishes.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Hmm, that Breen warp core, can it be used by the (old) Breen space set I still have somewhere?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Hmm, that Breen warp core, can it be used by the (old) Breen space set I still have somewhere?

Yeah mei,
    The breen set is a 4 piece now (with the core)

4th set bonus is eject cryoplasma ability
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Yeah mei,
    The breen set is a 4 piece now (with the core)

4th set bonus is eject cryoplasma ability

Cool. Thx. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    Frosted Boots are useful even outside the Winter Wonderland. I've used them to move quickly through large ground maps like the Dyson and Kobali Battlezones. The winter jackets are standard off-duty costume choices so they can also be used outside the Wonderland, maybe you like the look of one as part of a mixed visual set?

I find it a touch odd that the BOff power manuals are limited to being purchased by a player of matching career. It makes sense for the kit modules since that's player level equipment, but bridge officer powers can be used regardless of the player's career choice. If it was a manufacture unlock that would be different, I wouldn't expect a Science Officer to be able to create an Engineering training manual, but these are just the straight manuals. Why limit them?

I bought the Engineering BOff manuals on my Tacs, my Eng, and my Sci. They are not limited to your career to purchase. They are, however, bind on pickup.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User

I bought the Engineering BOff manuals on my Tacs, my Eng, and my Sci. They are not limited to your career to purchase. They are, however, bind on pickup.

Sorry, I was getting things mixed up in my head. For some reason I was thinking there were new space abilities for all 3 careers and as I only play Engineer only the Engineering power was showing up for me. I shall now proceed to headdesk until I've beat myself smart (this may take a while).

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I gotta say, the belts from the winter coats are perhaps the best looking ones you can snag... I;m constantly using the belt from the black or white jackets one myself and BoFFs.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Delta Recruits each got a Warp Core (and for Romulans the Singularity as well), the Frosted Boots, both appropriate Kit Modules, two copies of each of the Boff Skills, a Winter Wonderland gun (generally the dual pistols - Flurry), and one of the two new colored Long Coats.

Characters that were here last Winter Event just picked up the new Kit Module, one of the new colored Long Coats, and will be getting two copies of each Boff Skill.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    the kit modules ....
    nexus.jpg