test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Invasion 2015

arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
There are a couple of issues with this queued event (maybe more) that I am having. On several occasions when transporting in I materialized in the center of the town & not at the starting point. This is not a big deal to me, just bringing it to someone's attention. I also have noticed, & the thing I have a big problem with is that the (BOSS) snowman overlord is very very easy to beat in winter invasion queued event. One player can beat it in under 30 seconds. Many players that are new to the game pass by the cave where the abominable yeti is & are going straight to the overlord & ending the mission before the objective of defeating the abominable yeti is complete. It's okay that they don't know the mission but it's not okay is that a single person can beat the boss solo ( I've seen it done with throwing snowballs) & end the mission causing the whole team to lose out on any rewards that come from completing the defeating yeti objective. This issue is not fun at all. Other than that I have had no other game play issues. Thanks
[img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png

Comments

• pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    arkyboy wrote: »
    I also have noticed, & the thing I have a big problem with is that the (BOSS) snowman overlord is very very easy to beat in winter invasion queued event. One player can beat it in under 30 seconds. Many players that are new to the game pass by the cave where the abominable yeti is & are going straight to the overlord & ending the mission before the objective of defeating the abominable yeti is complete. It's okay that they don't know the mission but it's not okay is that a single person can beat the boss solo ( I've seen it done with throwing snowballs) & end the mission causing the whole team to lose out on any rewards that come from completing the defeating yeti objective. This issue is not fun at all.

I was getting annoyed by this, too. On the other hand, the Boss in the new “Cones of Conduct” event take FOREVER to drop. I understand this is to balance the "Snow-Conian," but there are so blasted many "Angry Snowmen" that I can't move let alone attack before I freeze. Honestly, when I do hit the Boss, I don't get the impression I'm doing any damage at all.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    At least the Devs seem to have fixed the issue of being put into a solo Winter Invasion. Of course, it is very easy to solo, even the Yeti, but still. It should not have been happening in the first place.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Is it my imagination or it 'Tides of Ice' a lot harder than in previous years? I've done it three times now and each time there were plenty of people helping, but we had to fall back to the entrance very early (think it was round 4 or 5 or possibly even earlier) to defend from there since the Snorgs broke through very easily.