test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leveling up without doing the story episode?

zisko#6191 zisko Member Posts: 49 Arc User
Is there a way to level up from level zero without doing the Story episodes? this idea got stuck in my head for the last couple of days, and I just gotta ask it.

Comments

• renzourinrenzourin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    deep space encounters and instance queues like fleet alerts and other things all award experience you can also do the patrols around many of the star systems rewards experience as well using all of these you can easily level yourself to max level if you wish
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    No, you can't go from 0. You have to at least get a few levels so that you can access some queue type stuff. Although, I was told there was some way you could sort of do it via some PvP. Not sure if you have to be a minimum level though to be able to do that.
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    tempus64 wrote: »
    No, you can't go from 0.
    KDF can, as the KDF tutorial brings you up to sufficient level that you can do Lore and then doffing.

Nop you need to finish episodes up to Test of Mettle to get your next ship.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    lamyrs wrote: »
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    tempus64 wrote: »
    No, you can't go from 0.
    KDF can, as the KDF tutorial brings you up to sufficient level that you can do Lore and then doffing.

Nop you need to finish episodes up to Test of Mettle to get your next ship.

other than cstore/ maybe just doing the temporal mission. though I wonder if the other ranked rewards are blocked by that mission too... that could be interesting...​​
  • desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I tried this once on a long ago deleted alt. Basically all you could do were patrols and stuff in the exploration clusters back when those were a thing. Once you could DOFF that helped a bit, but that was slow going unless you just bought a bunch of DOFFs with EC. SB24 runs used to be easy enough to get at low levels as well. But seriously trying to do it that way was slow going and painfully boring. Outside of some of the tau dewa and delta quardrant patrols, most system patrols will make you want to gouge your eyes out. The foundry probably was and is the best place to go about it. Could be fun just trying missions, flying around to various points in sector space and seeing what you get. Plus there is decent dil to be made.
  • kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    This ain't Diablo.
    You have to do story content. You might be able to get away with not doing some of it, but you'll be doing the standard mmorpg thing to gain levels, at least some of the time.

Quite frankly, it doesn't take very long to level up doing story content... you'll be at 50 long before running out of episodes, at that point you can start on the 'fun' stuff.
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    yes, I did it because I had it in my head that the first time bonus for doing a mission would get me a bunch of spec points if I leveled up without doing many of them. So I did it ... it took a while, but its not as bad as all that. Lots of fleet/group defense mission runs and repeated a few lowbie missions in a loop that were required to get going (Ok, so I did 4 or 5 missions, true). You can do it easier on kdf with empire defense which also nets you dil. The first few levels are the hard ones, after you unlock some group activities and repeatable non-story quests you can do quite a bit.

It wasn't worth it. The xp at max level for spec points got me maybe 3-4 extra points above what I would have gotten the normal way. However as I started the story at 50, my trip from 50-60 was 1000 times more enjoyable and fast.