test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command specialization not stacking beyond 2 with boffs trained in command!

shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
I had 2 boffs trained in command, and while both were present at the time, it only counted 1 of them towards my captain's command specialization stacking effect.

The description in this specialization says it can stack up to 5X, provided more officers are using command specialization while on your team, but it only accounts for 1 and not anymore beyond that!
tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Comments

• jamboxdotcomjamboxdotcom Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ...doesn't that only apply to players? I.e. your boffs shouldn't count toward it at all? That's the way I always read that,
    anyway.

Actually, yes, that's the problem. Look at the wording on that. "Team" means group of other players. So boffs would not count.
    Post edited by jamboxdotcom on
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ...doesn't that only apply to players? I.e. your boffs shouldn't count toward it at all? That's the way I always read that,
    anyway.

Actually, yes, that's the problem. Look at the wording on that. "Team" means group of other players. So boffs would not count.

Boff(s) do count, as they are a part of your team, no different than captain(s)!

Hence why it is counting 1 of my boffs + myself, but not the other boff(s)!!!

• jamboxdotcomjamboxdotcom Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Pretty sure boffs are not intended to count. If it is giving you bonus from one of your boffs, that's the bug right there. "Team" means multi-player groups, not single-player plus boffs.
    edited December 2015
    Pretty sure boffs are not intended to count. If it is giving you bonus from one of your boffs, that's the bug right there. "Team" means multi-player groups, not single-player plus boffs.

Than why does every other team based effect, work with boffs, including boffs using those team based bonuses?

A team, is anyone who is actively on your......team, boffs included!!!

The bug is not in a boff being able to effect your captain, but that the game doesn't account for more than 1, simple!

skollulfr wrote: »
    pretty sure this is just poor wording.
    with the intention that it means people on your team with active command spec passives. not just command abilities equipped.

The wording may be incorrect, but it doesn't specify captains, nor does it specify command specialization passives either!

Hence why it should be a teamwide bonus, for any [boffs included] who are specialized in command!!!

it would be interesting to train boffs in diminutive versions of the current spec trees using exp they gain from their own actions, but at the moment i doubt the game is capable of supporting that.

given that your request would basically mean anyone with a command ability equipped would count as having active spec. which would likely result in people equipping all their boffs with 1 ability from each spec to have as many spec passives as possible active at a given time.

given that, its more likely the 'bugfix' to this will be a rewording of the tooltip.

You cannot equip a boff, with more than 1 spec at a time, in other words, they cannot have command + intel skills active together, nor can they have any of the 3 space together either!!!

Hence why command, should be a teamwide benefit, even with boffs!!!

edited December 2015
    if you make it team-wide for the sake of making it team wide, then the only way to track it would be on equipped abilities (i dont use myopic rpg-centric versions of these terms, so to be clear, i mean the abilities currently set to be used.) since it stacks with others who have the related spec active in order to generate the stack.

at which point taking an away team that collectively have all the specs covered is entirely possible, eg a 2x eng/cmd, x1 sc/int and a tac/cdo. since what you are asking for is to have these passive abilities stack teamwide. which would be regardless of their active spec passives, which boffs dont have.

an obvious solution there being to (like i said earlier), design a system where the boffs earn their own version of the passive specs which you select as active, separate from what abilities they happen to have equipped. which still wouldnt be teamwide unless they all have the same active spec. otherwise you are back to square one.

simply having the captain spec apply to all teamed npc's could be done, but again, that wont be teamwide if you are in a team with players who dont have the related spec active. and if it was, you just created a way for players in teams to have all the specs active at one time.

and all of this is moot given its still far simpler to reword the tooltip.

I am not sure you are fully grasping what I said, despite having a boff(s) using intel and command on ground, only the command spec has stackable skills, and only those you yourself have purchased would be stacked upon.

Therefore, only boffs using the command spec, would benefit the team stacking with what you yourself, are able to use.

While intel, would be on their own as usual.

The description words it, as ANYONE on your team [meaning captains & boffs] actively using command, than your active command skills that can stack, will stack up to a max of 5.

It doesn't specify, as to whether boffs have an effect, or not!!!

Let me explain the stupidity of this system in detail better.

We as captains, get not only skill points to boost ourselves, but also boost the effectiveness of everything used by ourselves on ground, as well as boost everything we use in space including boosting our boffs.

We get our own unique captain skills + kit modules to use on ground, as well as a primary and seconday specialization, and can mix and match kit modules how we please.

Boffs get 0 captain skills because......well they aren't captains, and are simply a blank slate consisting of absolutely 0 skill point value, and only able to use skills on ground as though they were kit modules only.

They are basically a captain with absolutely 0 skill points, 0 captain skills, and only using a kit for ground skills.....that's it.

However, they to can mix and match kit modules on ground, but only their primary class and the so called spec they are forced to choose to use atm, so if you choose intel, than they can only use class modules + intel modules to mix, same for command.

Now space, is a bag of tricks all its own, as the seating determines what skills they can use, and these are skills we as a captain can never actually use ourselves.

So, the system is pretty much wonky, but does work more or less.

Post edited by shadowwraith77 on