test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Error During Publish

theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
I tried to publish some test maps now that the Foundry is back up, but the publish failed, and I received the following error message:

"Error during publish. Publish failed: log Project needs republish."

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    Open up the Mission in the editor. Not just to the info Page, but fully open it, and see if there are any error messages in the box in the lower left corner.

If there are not errors, try to publish again. If it still doesn't work, share with us the Following infomation
    • Mission Name
    • Mission ID Number:
    • Mission Faction
    • Minimum Rank
    • Author @Handle - in case its different from your forum name :smile:
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    The box in the lower left corner indicates that there are no unfinished tasks, and I did a Force Verify when I started the game launcher again. I have noticed that the character splash screen for my Foundry toon no longer says, "These are the Voyages of the...." I don't know if that's important or not.

This isn't a mission per se, but an area where I have been testing different ideas and custom maps. I have published it in the past. Additions that I made today were on the "moonie" map: Lift - Mobile Generic 01, Space Volume 1000', a Respawn Point, Spark Cloud 01, and Rogue Federation Squad - Captain 03.

Mission Name: Map Test
    Mission ID: ST-HUI62E96A
    Mission Faction: Federation
    Minimum Rank: 51+
    Author: @Thomas_Baston

Thanks!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    I'm encountering this problem too. I made minor changes to one of my missions and had no unfinished tasks, but got the same error when I tried to publish.
    edited November 2015
    hmm I'll check with zero.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Since I have the same problem, I'll plug myself in this thread with the full info:
    • Mission Name: [Rom] Liberate Donatra KDF
    • Mission ID Number: ST-HHXEQDS9T
    • Mission Faction: KDF
    • Minimum Rank: 41+
    • Author @Handle - @guljarol

The mission was not published after the downtime. I opened it, even edited slightly to see if any errors pop up, but nothing did.

No Mirror, no Heralds in it. Just Borg. An identical mission on the Fed side was published along with my other missions.

I didn't try to publish any new missions.​​
    Jim do you have any Borg in your Mission?

2 of the 3 people have borg so far...
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Same error. Have Borg in the mission & have reskinned them to their 2371 versions + some other Foundry costumes.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    No, but I did manage to work around the problem. When I imported the "mission" from Archive, I was able to publish it.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    One of my older missions, "Ghosts of War, Part III" republishes without any problems. It doesn't have any recently added mobs or assets in it though - it's got Klingons, Cardassians, Breen, Jem'Hadar and Devidians.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    No, but I did manage to work around the problem. When I imported the "mission" from Archive, I was able to publish it.

Gemini was having problems publishing updates but going to the archive seems to have done the trick. Thanks for that. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I imported too, and it worked! The mission was republished without problems.​​
    Hey Everyone:

FYI, I'm trying to compile and collect all the Bug info in One Thread now..

If anyone has any new bugs add it there... Thanks Guys!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12793473
This discussion has been closed.