test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are some of the not as well known things you've discovered in STO?

One of my favorite things in games is exploring obscure areas of them. Granted, there's not a lot of exploration going on in STO these days, but I have come across a few things that I found were interesting that were kind of off the beaten path. An example:

On the mezzanine level of ESB, there is a commemoration monument for those people in Star Trek who have passed away. It's also located at the Command Center (past the glass doors leading to outside) in New Romulus. I'm sure there's one for the Klingons, but I just haven't started looking for it yet. Probably will this weekend.

Then there's the memorial for Wolf 359, of course, which is easy to find cause it's right next to Sol.

What other things have you found in the game that others may not notice because they're too busy running from one place to another?
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire

Comments

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I came across this crazy thing called "The Captains Table" :smiley:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Finding exploration accolades for example ones on new romulus and nimbus 3.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Andoria...
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Yes, there is a Kling side one. Found it a few weeks ago while messing around with my Gorn. Was cool to see that placard.
    I came across this crazy thing called "The Captains Table" :smiley:

Ugh.. Now there was a waste of space in STO.. Originally a LTS Exclusive thing (Then whined about on the forums by the subbers that they wanted access and made a sub perk), They shouldn't have bothered and it should have stayed LTS exlusive, not that we used it... ever, but then I've noticed pretty much nobody uses the Captains Table.

Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Well the one thing I think a lot of people seem to overlook is the memorial at Starfleet Acadamey.

There is a memorial on the Acadamey grounds for players of STO who have passed away.

As for the Captain's Table.... I like going there to get away from people sometimes :p
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Well the one thing I think a lot of people seem to overlook is the memorial at Starfleet Acadamey.

There is a memorial on the Acadamey grounds for players of STO who have passed away.

As for the Captain's Table.... I like going there to get away from people sometimes :p

Well I know there is a discrete memorial at the Academy for one of the Devs who passed away, Mark Valentine.
    If that's what you're referring to ?
    Haven't noticed one myself for a "player" that has passed.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Not to ruin the surprise, but you can turn in random science consoles that you pick up from TRIBBLE drops for GPL at the Ferengi in Quark's bar... Not that you can buy anything of value with the GPL, but it's cool to think that you have millions of some in-game currency...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Not to ruin the surprise, but you can turn in random science consoles that you pick up from TRIBBLE drops for GPL at the Ferengi in Quark's bar... Not that you can buy anything of value with the GPL, but it's cool to think that you have millions of some in-game currency...

CM

Apparently that may be some kinda exploit, I wouldn't risk doing it anymore.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    gradii wrote: »
    crm14916 wrote: »

CM

Apparently that may be some kinda exploit, I wouldn't risk doing it anymore.

Can also be done on ESD, look for a ferengi standing near the Costume editor guy's office.
    Turn in some crappy sci consoles for GPL.
    And you can use GPL for some Trade doff assignments.
    But yeah not much use for it other then that.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    While playing Colliseum, I noticed one of the anti-worm turrets is targetable. I lunged to it, and thus got on the Colliseum inner wall. And from there, all the way outside. The building actually has some actual exterior - only the desert ends in nothingness, where the textures run out... :smiley: