test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FE Replay and "doing it right"... Huh???

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
I recall seeing in @salamiinferno 's AMA that the "Featured Event Replay" that hands out the Breen & Reman BOffs, and the Cane/Shard, is "on hold" as they seek a method of "doing it right".

IIRC, the past two times it was done, all the event did was unlock acquisition of these 4 items and grant 15 lobi per day - once per account - for running one of the 20 missions in these (sub-)series (Skirmish, Venegance, 4028, Cold Case).

So, what's the hangup? I would like to think that it's not to "exclusivize" the 4 rewards especially in light of the fact that there are conversations of being able to run the event. So, this leaves the FE replay's status as "sole purveyor of free lobi" as the conceptual "hangup"...

Which then makes me wonder - is the hangup because everyone who's not seeking a "FE reward prize" instantly going for the "one true mission" (Read: shortest & easiest)? Is it the fact that it gives out lobi? Is it trying to wedge it into the calendar? What's this "hangup"? What kinds of suggestions should we be offering up to help you "do it right"?

Otherwise, the simplistic answer is to permanently unlock the four rewards so they come from campaign play, therefore removing this "event" from the needs to even run it, and move the free lobi to another venue...
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]

Comments

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Everyone will be dancing and be doing it right.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Seconded. Bring back the FE rerun.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    They probably don't want you to be able to get free Lobi. Or at least not as much as people were getting.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Here's hoping that "doing it right" means making the rewards account unlocks via the account store.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    They probably don't want you to be able to get free Lobi. Or at least not as much as people were getting.

Listening to Salami, he's got a bit of a different view of things, look at NWS disappearing because "people meta-ed it instead of actually 'playing' it."

So I think it (hopefully) is a little less "we've scheduled 150 lobi in a 10 day event, and we don't want you to have it", and a lot more "we don't want 250 billion fixed replicators & games of dabo to hand out 150 lobi per player"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just put them back in the Missions normally. As they are Unique you can't get one if you already have it. If you don't want to give out Lobi give the Weekly FE Rewards that they do now once per day per account if you are going to have an FE Rerun.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    Who cares about the stupid lobi - all most ppl really want is the special item rewards.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Hmm... so 19 months have passed since the last FE replay event and they are still not sure how "to make it right"?