test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockbox key prices

Lockbox key is currently 5 mil ... I only see the price going up. Is this normal?

Comments

• jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    More or less yeah
    its either pay a buttload of EC or get some zen which you can either pay actual money for OR convert your dilithium which you earned in game into zen.
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Lockbox key is currently 5 mil ... I only see the price going up. Is this normal?

the more desirable the lockbox or its contents, in this case 2 t6 iconian ships, the price of keys will go up as more people seek to open the boxes.
    7aamriW.png
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    this is why I stopped to buy keys, months ago the price was 2.5 mil, and 1 month ago 3.5 mil; 3.5 mil ec for 4 lobi was already insane; now 5 mil, well ......
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,645 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    2 reasons:

1) Herald lockbox is popular, which pushed the price up to around 4 million at peaks
    2) Admiralty system pumped a bunch of easily earned EC into the economy causing massive inflation (20%+)

Reason 2) shows that people aren't thinking their cunning plan through when they ask for removing refining caps or for better loot. More loot for everyone = loot is worth less.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    2 reasons:

1) Herald lockbox is popular, which pushed the price up to around 4 million at peaks
    2) Admiralty system pumped a bunch of easily earned EC into the economy causing massive inflation (20%+)

Reason 2) shows that people aren't thinking their cunning plan through when they ask for removing refining caps or for better loot. More loot for everyone = loot is worth less.

You've got to be kidding about the admiralty system?

pebble, meet pacific ocean.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User

It's normal for key prices to go up significantly when there's a new lockbox. For some reason people really want that Vonph despite it being a boat anchor. And as far as I can tell, this box is one of the worse ones in terms of making money from it. One would think the masses would clue in at some point and the price will get back to something more "normal". Probably won't happen for a few more weeks though. Mania over rides common sense all the time.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,645 Arc User
    No, I'm not kidding. Admiralty gives casual players who aren't clued into EC sources like Tour the Galaxy a quick 100K EC or more every day. Plus very rare mats without running advanced STFs, a Salvaged Technology now and then, and 1,000+ extra dil.

It's a pebble in the ocean for the tiny minority of hardcore farmers, but it's a big helping of easy loot for the 99% other players that didn't farm before.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    2 reasons:

Actually it should be 3 reasons. The 3rd is:
    3. We still not have huge EC sinks.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    Energy credits don't have much value anymore. Most people with billions in ec convert their money into assets such as lockbox keys and rare ships. This comes in handy with private sales/trades, especially when the price in energy credits of an item/ship is more than your character can have at any one time,
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Everyone wants a vonph it seems ;)
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Gee I wonder why reduce skill cooldowns every few seconds? Sounds op to me
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png