test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tholian Interior Expansion?

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
Wondering what the odds of having the Tholian Bridges "expanded" with the parts from Stormbound?

Even if it's the "generic" interiors repainted...
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]

Comments

• captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    As I own a Recluse this would please me so much.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    From how the Scimitar bridge wasn't expanded with the assets created for Delta Rising, the answer is "probably not" but we can still hope. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I agree. The expanded interior would be nice, but tbh, when do we ever need to use our bridges anymore?
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Unlikely. Besides, we have 1 Tholian Room. So we could add hallways, that just connect one room to another that looks exactly the same . . . ? That seems rather pointless to me.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I would still enjoy something similar with the interior from "Mindscape" for my Undine ship. Just getting to look at all the details at my leisure (without being shot at!) is well worth it to me even if it doesn't "do anything." :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Unlikely. Besides, we have 1 Tholian Room. So we could add hallways, that just connect one room to another that looks exactly the same . . . ? That seems rather pointless to me.
    It'd still be fun to have. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User

Was just going to say, "the Same Odds as the Fed Tutorial interior being made available?" And then you stole my thunder taco! My Thundeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer! *eats a burrito*
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @Taco
    So people complain about a lack of bridge interiors. A interior is made for a mussion that can be used for a ship interior just maybe requiring attaching a hallway.

That's pointless. Even if its just a quality of life improvement.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    chiyoumiku wrote: »

Was just going to say, "the Same Odds as the Fed Tutorial interior being made available?" And then you stole my thunder taco! My Thundeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer! *eats a burrito*

:::eats your Thunderchild:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

It's not pointless for people enjoying some time off in "their" starships, even if it's just two identical rooms but with an odd console or some NPCs standing around.

So many of these small things that are "pointless" would help a great deal make the game "feel" better.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015

So You're saying Role Playing a pointless thing... ? ...
    Yet there are several games out there making a fortune by adding stuff to their games to encourage this very type of game play.

I just don't understand why Cryptic hasn't figured this out yet.

Didn't anybody learn anything from the Original SWG game???
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

It's not pointless for people enjoying some time off in "their" starships, even if it's just two identical rooms but with an odd console or some NPCs standing around.

So many of these small things that are "pointless" would help a great deal make the game "feel" better.​​

I ended up with a pretty detailed story written because of the Dromias interior. Whether or not anyone else liked it, it meant I was enjoying the game environments for their own sake and it was worth it to me "even" without doing missions there. Definitely a "point" to that. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.