test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

admiraly Q & A. any feed welcome.

1 - was wandering how to use prisoners/how to get rid of them. wiki says use doff missions. but they don't pop up for me. I'm not one for just deleting people and want to put them to use.

2 - what would you say are the top 3 ships for each E, T & S. I mean the highest numbers on ships. so I know witch ships to get. is there a web site with this info yet. I checked wiki. nothing yet.
on my fed side my top ships are
E is the (Concorde Command Battlecruiser T6) with e-77 t-20 s-20
T is the (Jem'Hadar Attack Ship) with e-29 t-68 s-8
S is the (Long Range Science Vessel T6) e-21 t-21 s-68
also if anyone has Klingon and Romulan numbers.

3 - on a Klingon toon I got rid of some lower tire ships with a recent promotion and I'm pretty sure I've kept all my lower tire ships and added my newer higher tire ships to my admiralty cards. is this a sort time thing until it updates it self or would it be worth the time to rebye all the older ships to have as back up for when you only need a few points to get the required stats.

4 - is it possible f to get a admiralty Q & A style Sticky to make it easier to find all the Q & A post. I have noticed some similar style posts and questions.

I hope I'm making sense. I've been told I'm not the best with wording to get my point across.
I cant brain I have the dumb

Comments

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    1 - was wandering how to use prisoners/how to get rid of them. wiki says use doff missions. but they don't pop up for me. I'm not one for just deleting people and want to put them to use.

You need to go to your faction's guys for that. There is one on every starbase, including your fleet starbase (in the tactical section) or on DS9 (opposite the exchange entrance). It's good for Dil for KDF and KDF-Rom (10 prisoners required), the Feds can't really use it.

KDF also has some assignments in certain beta sectors and in clusters which turn prisoners into dil.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    1) One can turn them in in small amount for small rewards at security officers fed side and in huge amounts for huge rewards kdf.
    2) Can’t tell but here seems to be a work in progress list for you to find out: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Admiralty_System_Ship_Master_List
    3) I found to have 1-2 very low tier ships to be handy. They have a short CD time and can be used often. I use them as permanent “dismiss tokens” for assignments that I can’t fulfill reasonably or simply dont want to run.
    4) It’s not up to me but I’d like that to have as well.

If cryptic stays truthful to the current rewards (and leaves the doff system intact as well) this new admiralty system puts an end to the grind in this game for me, especially under consideration of 9 end game toons. It covers all my needs from XP over Dil to even EC. All that remains now is simply log on and have some fun.

Given past dealings with cryptic there just remains one question in my head: “Where is the trick?”

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    2) Can’t tell but here seems to be a work in progress list for you to find out: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Admiralty_System_Ship_Master_List

cool thanks for that. but when I put Admiralty into the search. it came back blank.

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    1) I mostly use them in fleet projects though occasionally some do get used for doffing.

2) The Samsar, the Plesh Brek and most importantly Sarr Theln. Really couldn't do any higher sci stuff with my roms klingons without it.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    1 - was wandering how to use prisoners/how to get rid of them. wiki says use doff missions. but they don't pop up for me. I'm not one for just deleting people and want to put them to use
    2 - what would you say are the top 3 ships for each E, T & S. I mean the highest numbers on ships. so I know witch ships to get. is there a web site with this info yet. I checked wiki. nothing yet.
    on my fed side my top ships are
    E is the (Concorde Command Battlecruiser T6) with e-77 t-20 s-20
    T is the (Jem'Hadar Attack Ship) with e-29 t-68 s-8
    S is the (Long Range Science Vessel T6) e-21 t-21 s-68
    also if anyone has Klingon and Romulan numbers.

3 - on a Klingon toon I got rid of some lower tire ships with a recent promotion and I'm pretty sure I've kept all my lower tire ships and added my newer higher tire ships to my admiralty cards. is this a sort time thing until it updates it self or would it be worth the time to rebye all the older ships to have as back up for when you only need a few points to get the required stats.

4 - is it possible f to get a admiralty Q & A style Sticky to make it easier to find all the Q & A post. I have noticed some similar style posts and questions.

I hope I'm making sense. I've been told I'm not the best with wording to get my point across.

1. the best way to use prisoners is to turn them with the security officer on qo'nos x10 at a time for kdf or earth space dock x2 at a time for feds, there is a kdf mission to turn in x3 at a time that pops up occasionally also.
    2. there is a wiki page here with all the ships in game and if you select each one you like you will find the card stats for each one along with all the other details for the ship.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Category:Ships_with_admiralty_stats
    3. if there are any low tier ships you have discarded I would not bother buying them back just to get the card for them, in fact i would not advocate buying any ships just for the cards, your best off just buying the ships you really want anyway and just thinking of the card as a bonus, at the end of the day although the admiralty system is nice its not that great that you need to spend money on it IMO.
    even if you just use it with the ships you have now you will be fine, you don't have to use every available slot and you don't even have to use it every day.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User

Other than some occasional "exchange prisoners" assignment which is terribly rare, and the security guy mission (which has the same rewards as any random common assignment that doesn't require any input resources), Feds have no real options for prisoners.
    Can we have a "trade 10 prisoners for a random decent doff" kind of assignment put in, akin to the KDF "trade 10 prisoners for a stash of dil"?
    ryuga81.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Other than some occasional "exchange prisoners" assignment which is terribly rare, and the security guy mission (which has the same rewards as any random common assignment that doesn't require any input resources), Feds have no real options for prisoners.
    You can feed them to the starbase project "Coordinate Colonization Efforts." You can also dismiss them for 1 dil ore and 10 Recruitment CXP, which is only slightly worse than turning them in at the security guy and doesn't tie up an assignment slot for an hour.

Yes, indeed you get better reward for dismissing the prisoners followed by running a random 1h assignment, than running the prisoner turn-in assignment itself. :D
    Can we have a "trade 10 prisoners for a random decent doff" kind of assignment put in, akin to the KDF "trade 10 prisoners for a stash of dil"?
    "Random decent doff" in the current economy means something you grind down into whites and feed to holdings, and 10 prisoners would give you more FC on average when fed to "Colonization" directly. I'd rather the feds have the same prisoner turn-in assignment as KDF.
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    3. if there are any low tier ships you have discarded I would not bother buying them back just to get the card for them, in fact i would not advocate buying any ships just for the cards, your best off just buying the ships you really want anyway and just thinking of the card as a bonus, at the end of the day although the admiralty system is nice its not that great that you need to spend money on it IMO.
    even if you just use it with the ships you have now you will be fine, you don't have to use every available slot and you don't even have to use it every day.

I've pretty much unlocked all ships over the years. so no need to bye them. just getting them again to unlock cards then deleting them once I have the. but only if I keep the card.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I've pretty much unlocked all ships over the years. so no need to bye them. just getting them again to unlock cards then deleting them once I have the. but only if I keep the card.

then yes you keep the card for any you claim and discard so definitely worth doing.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.